Costco Lovers!

Started by purelife, Mar 06 08 01:59

Previous topic - Next topic
|

Lil Me

something like that.  A bit more for the executive membership with a cash back rebate-- good to have if you or hubby needs to do purchasing for work or whatever.  Besides our own home and business stuff, I usually buy a whack of things for our complex, Scouts, sports teams, etc-- I get reimbursed for the purchases, but I also get a Costco rebate cheque at the end of the year.

(oh yeah, Mr Lise can write-off  the Costco membership thru his business)

"In the absence of clearly-defined goals, we become strangely loyal to performing daily trivia until ultimately we become enslaved by it."  Robert Heinlein

Lise

Excellent. You've sold me. I'm getting one the next time I'm in town.

I've heard that you can cross the border into Seattle and use your Costco membership card at their Costco. Things there are even cheaper.
Always end the name of your child with a vowel, so that when you yell the name will carry.
Bill Cosby.

Lil Me

yes!  Especially the meat, butter and cheese.  Pack up your cooler and drive over the border!  
"In the absence of clearly-defined goals, we become strangely loyal to performing daily trivia until ultimately we become enslaved by it."  Robert Heinlein

49er

By joining Costco, you get free American Express credit card with at least 1% refund on all charges.......3% on eating out and gas purchase charges.  If you upgrade the membership you get an additional 1% refund check from Costco on Costco purchases.  

49er

Since I was paying cash I tried to max my Amex card out when I made my auto purchase to take advantage of the rebate today.......but dealer was steps ahead and would not go for it and allowed only $2,000 on the card.

Lil Me

I guess the dealer was concerned about his transaction fee on the Amex purchase, when he had already negotiated a low price on the car.  Nice try, though :)  

49er

Yes, Amex charges a higher tranaction fee than other cards hence lots of smaller businesses will not accept their card

purelife

You'll love Costco down in the States, Lise.  I ALWAYS go down there (at least once a month) to check out their goodies.  Love their clothes, meatballs... things are WAYYY cheaper down there compared to up here and really big.  

Whenever our friend comes over and we're eating something (and share with him too) or have something, we tell him it's from Costco. Now, he just tag a-long with us.  

A friend of ours purchased a game and sold it for $30 more on Craigslist!  What a profit!

I just LOVE Costco.  I would totally work there too....

JJ

What are your must buy items when you go to Costco.  Mine are: cat litter, coffee beans, health way bread, cranberry juice.

The best coffee![A href="http://www.theflyingpig.com/tfp/images/prod/869790_n120.jpg[/img][/A]  

Michel

Lil Me

soy milk, almond butter, grainy bread (the no flour one made by Silver Hills), ground turkey  

purelife

strawberries, milk, eggs, chocolate milk (the syrup), cereal, mixed fruit, yoghurt

JJ

Lil Me wrote:
soy milk, almond butter, grainy bread (the no flour one made by Silver Hills), ground turkey  

Have you ever tried the Health Way bread it's made with sprouted wheat too, but it's double wrapped so I find it's not as dry.

purelife

Michel wrote:
Convertible pants lol

and did you end up wearing all the colors?  or one at a time?

Lil Me

I'll buy some next time, JJ.  Thanks for the tip.

purelife- that's hilarious.  Mixing up all the colours of the convertible pants.

|