Updated Sins for the 21st century

Started by Van, Mar 10 08 12:22

Previous topic - Next topic

Van

It is a sin to be wealthy too now! Wow! The Pope must be Satan himself!??

I hope I am not offending too many people on here. Don't really care if I do though, that is how strong I feel against the Catholic religion.

Jesus seems like a cool cat, I am sure he is not impressed either!
When the End comes, don't worry if your party shoes are clean or not. Just make sure you have them on!

Gopher

I'm sure he isn't either. The fundamentalists and some of the more dictatorial mainstream churches are crucifying him over and over again every day.
A fool's paradise is better than none.

Van

Good point Gopher. Like those two on TV. The girl has big hair, and the man looks like a reverend pervert? Blabbing on about the End Times....selling books and videos for lots of $$$$, etc.

I forget the name of them? They are creepy.
When the End comes, don't worry if your party shoes are clean or not. Just make sure you have them on!

Gopher

I don't know them, but I certainly know the type.

P.C.

Never ceases to amaze me that there are still people left that can't see through these type.
Sir Isaac Newton invented the swinging door....for the convenience of his cat.

Gopher

purelife wrote:

What a bunch of (*#(#*$&$%*&^$%*&$#^%*&$^%(&(&$%(ê6º4~~!~!!!    .................

That's right Purelife, you tell it like it is!

P.C.

I always like a straight-talker.  [img style="CURSOR: pointer" onclick=url(this.src); src="http://www.cheesebuerger.de/images/more/bigs/c008.gif" border=0]

Van

Jack Van Impe is the show I am thinking of.  This dude is scarier than the actual thought of the world ending!

[A href="http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jack_Van_Impe#Jack_Van_Impe_Ministries"]http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jack_Van_Impe#Jack_Van_Impe_Ministries[/A]

P.C.

Van

Here is one of his quotes: "1974 is the year that they´re now planning for sex on the streets on every major city from coast to coast. And get ready for shock: the music that they´re planning to use to crumble the morals of America is this rotten filthy dirty lascivious junk called rock and roll. It isn´t just the lyrics, it´s the beat."

That darn Rock and/or Roll!!!

Gopher

Take off the 'e', and the surname says it all.    

Sportsdude

P.C. wrote:
Never ceases to amaze me that there are still people left that can't see through these type.

well considering there's about 25 million "evangelicals" or so I think in the states, is shocking enough. Considering, american evangelicalism started from televangelism which was shown to be a sham with PTL club back in the 80's. Yet, it lives on. Olsteen and his "happy gospel" the guy has a smile on his face 24/7 because he's got it made. Say some happy stuff every week, rake in the millions. Then say "oh the church gave me this private jet so I could spread the good news" etc. lol

Falwell went above and beyond really, he's got his own university.

"We can't stop here. This is bat country."

Lil Me

Sportsdude wrote:

well considering there's about 25 million "evangelicals" or so I think in the states, is shocking enough. Considering, american evangelicalism started from televangelism

--

Uh no.  American evangelism really took off the mid-1800s with tent revival meetings.  It's the same movement that sparked the CCF/NDP Party and the United Church in Saskatchewan.

Evangelism is a personal way of life  (personal relationship with God - without a priest or pope as an intermediary).  Has nothing to do with televangelism.

"In the absence of clearly-defined goals, we become strangely loyal to performing daily trivia until ultimately we become enslaved by it."  Robert Heinlein

Lil Me

Btw, I don't buy any Joel Olsteen, Oprah, The Secret, Celestine Prophecy, etc.
 But I think it's apperciated by those who choose to partake in it.

"In the absence of clearly-defined goals, we become strangely loyal to performing daily trivia until ultimately we become enslaved by it."  Robert Heinlein

Sportsdude

I'm not talking about that evangelicalism.

when you say " evangelicals" in the united states as of now, that's jerry falwell/pat robertson types. then it goes into focus on the family, right to life groups, aids is punishment from god for the gays, environmentalism is satan worship. etc.

bush won '04 because of evangelicals voting en mass for him because of gay marriage bans in most of the united states. They're the voters who are close minded, have a very small world view, only go to the polls on social issues (the three g's) and they have bumper stickers, telling the world who they are. Then they inflitrate your schools, universities communities, with their hate groups.

"We can't stop here. This is bat country."