Skiers, Boarders UNITE!

Started by Van Dude, Mar 06 08 07:36

Previous topic - Next topic
|

Van Dude

Just seeing if there are any other skiers around DS? Seattle and Vancouver are in a great part of the world in being that they are a reasonable distance to many ski hills, back country, and resorts.

Any favorites?

I love

Whistler of course, but too darn crowded

Whitewater is beautiful

Big (Montana, not  Kelowna). Big Mountain is by far the best snow I have ever enjoyed, not too busy either. Always reliable!

Jackson Hole was cool too, but very busy also.

Lake Louise is sweet after a good snow dump.

Any other skiers? boarders? I don't know how you could live in this part of the world and not? That would be crazy talk!

Lil Me

I ski.  There is also a guy named Devil (based in Calgary) who posts here from time-to-time.  He's a skiier and boarder.

We started skiing last year after a 15year hiatus.  (I grew up skiing in the local hills.)  We have seasons passes at Seymour.  It's been a good atmosphere for Heckyl and Jeckyl to learn.

In Jan I needed to drive out to Alberta for a family funeral- no time for skiing.  *sniff* I drove past Sun Peaks, the new hill in Revelstoke, Kicking Horse in Golden, Banff/Sunshine, Canmore/Kananaskis,  and Canada Olympic Park.  And I had the skis in the  roof rack carrier the entire time.  *sniff*

"In the absence of clearly-defined goals, we become strangely loyal to performing daily trivia until ultimately we become enslaved by it."  Robert Heinlein

Van Dude

Seymour would be perfect for kids learning. I bet it doesn't take long either? Kids are so fearless, LOL!

Van Dude

Oh, I forgot about the new hill at Revolstoke. I always said that is one place that needs a hill, the snow is crazy awesome there!! Thanks Lil Me!!

Lil Me

Seymour has a nice laid-back vibe.  It's still a family-owned and operated hill....so it's just like a ski hill out of the 1970s.  One of the chairlifts still has wooden seats.  
"In the absence of clearly-defined goals, we become strangely loyal to performing daily trivia until ultimately we become enslaved by it."  Robert Heinlein

Van Dude

I meant Revelstoke needed a better hill than the one they had. I think they just expanded Revelstoke Mountain. Either way, great snow in that area.

Sportsdude

Only been to Breckenridge
where...

[table bgcolor="#ffffdd" border="1"][tbody][tr][td colspan="2" align="center"][small]Anti-Spam Bot-Stopper
    Please type the text below into this field[/small][/td][/tr]    [tr][td align="center"]     [table border="0" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"][tbody][tr][td]
[/td][td rowspan="2" class="at_r1"]en[/td][td]
[/td][/tr][tr][td]asp[/td][td]s[/td][/tr][/tbody][/table][/td][td][input name="sauce_check" value="db931c672c978e5b2d6aa745b3537661" type="hidden"][input name="sauce" size="10" type="text"][/td][/tr][/tbody][/table]
are abound.

"We can't stop here. This is bat country."

P.C.

I ski.  There is also a guy named Devil (based in Calgary) who posts here from time-to-time.  He's a skiier and boarder.

I miss Devil. [img style="CURSOR: pointer" onclick=url(this.src); src="http://www.cheesebuerger.de/images/more/bigs/c020.gif" border=0]
Sir Isaac Newton invented the swinging door....for the convenience of his cat.

purelife

I've never skiied before but it was just recent (2006) that I've been to Whistler and then to Seymour.  (snowshoeing and tubing)

One day, I will give it a go.  My guy keeps bugging me.  That, and camping. :)

Russ

Dont ski or snowboard. I do water ski and wakeboard alot during the uh, warmer months.

I want to try skiing and snowboarding, as does Starfish.
Mercy to the Guilty is Torture to the Victims

P.C.

Me neither Russ.  But put the same equipment on the water, and I'm in.  Surfing is fun !

Haha.....

[TABLE bgColor=#ffffdd border=1] [TBODY] [TR] [TD align=middle colSpan=2][SMALL]Anti-Spam Bot-Stopper
Please type the text below into this field[/SMALL][/TD][/TR] [TR] [TD align=middle] [STYLE type=text/css]    TD.at_r1 (vertical-align:bottom;)    [/STYLE]    [TABLE cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 border=0] [TBODY] [TR] [TD][/TD] [TD class=at_r1 rowSpan=2]in[/TD] [TD][/TD][/TR] [TR] [TD]bik[/TD] [TD]i[/TD][/TR][/TBODY][/TABLE][/TD] [TD][INPUT size=10 value=bikini name=sauce][/TD][/TR][/TBODY][/TABLE][INPUT accessKey=s onclick="return scheck(); return submitThisOnce(this);" tabIndex=3 type=submit value=Post name=post] [INPUT accessKey=p onclick="return (typeof(document.postmodify.attachmentPreview) == " tabIndex=4 type=submit value=Preview name=preview submitThisOnce(this);? && preview?')) with continue attachments, any reattach to have will confirm('You || !document.postmodify.attachmentPreview.value undefined?][img id=fetchSessionTemp alt="" src="http://discoverseattle.net/forums/Themes/default/images/blank.gif"]

This is the hardest part of surfing......getting into a bikini.  (that word actually came up)

P.C.

Which reminds me, I probably should think about getting my bathing suit ready for summer.  I think I will probably have the pantlegs let down just a little bit....and the sleeves could probably be shortened an inch or so.

purelife

Who needs a bathing suit when you're wearing that sexXxy cat suit?  

Russ

Shoot! Thanks PC!!
I need to check out mine and Starfishies bathing suits, and see whether or not we need to go shopping tonight. Blast!

Mercy to the Guilty is Torture to the Victims

P.C.

Who needs a bathing suit when you're wearing that sexXxy cat suit?

Erm....I think the dry cleaners shrunk it again. [img style="CURSOR: pointer" onclick=url(this.src); src="http://www.cheesebuerger.de/images/smilie/liebe/g038.gif" border=0]

|