What are you craving for?

Started by purelife, Feb 20 08 04:22

Previous topic - Next topic
|

Michel

49er

Sportsdude wrote:
money to universities doesn't mean education for UBC it means more residential neighbourhoods on campus and construction and upkeep of the flower gardens.

Last year Film Studies died and then was resurrected.
Budgets are being slashed, programmes are in chaos and yet UBC has a surplus. It's not going to the students.

Therefore, university food services are not for the students. The only organization that is for the students is the students themselves. They have no ally in student government, in the Senate, on the board. So its fight to keep what we have, push for something that we should have and then get it in 10yrs after concessions by the trustees.

add:
UBC has the lowest on campus student housing ratio in the country
UBC makes their students pay off campus rent fees (vancouver prices) and not something cheaper
UBC is more concerned with image, building new buildings and their neighbourhoods
UBC isn't concerned about student housing, they rather have villages full of 40-70 year olds on campus in expensive condos as they commute to work in downton. How is this sustainable?
UBC hates UBC Farm
UBC doesn't give their students an actual voice in decision making
UBC has been taken over by the shady CASA organization who do absolutely nothing as a student government.
UBC has the highest ratio of assistant profs in Canada
UBC did its own internal study and it came out that the profs hate the students

You come to this conclusion in less than a semester?

Sportsdude

craving an egg sandwich which I just ate.
Its veggie/vegan day.

"We can't stop here. This is bat country."

Sportsdude

Michel wrote:
Sportsdude wrote:
[em][/em][/p] [em]UBC did its own internal study and it came out that the profs hate the students[/em][/p] LOL ! That's higly objective.

[/p]I'm not kidding it was the 'major news story' in the begining of the year.
[/p]UBC hired a Nobel Laureate to better fix the educational experience at UBC. He went around a year interviewing students and profs. He reported his findings to the board and said majority of the profs think little of their students. UBC spent millions to do a study and that came out. lol
[/p]

Michel

Sportsdude

49er wrote:
[em][/em]You come to this conclusion in less than a semester?

Yeah. I'd tell you why but that's classified.
I've got contacts. I know the guy who developed/planned SFU's Village for example.

Sportsdude

Michel wrote:
I won't participate in your pro-grass plot. Altough I will eat some pork, which means some grass will survive thanks to me.

haha. Well when I go for vegan lunch, they'll be appalled and horrified that I ate eggs not to long ago.

Michel

Sportsdude

I think its more of UBC hired intectualls and not actual teachers. I can quiz a department head in one of my subjects that I take a class from him. He'll ignore you and he instead goes on and likes to hear himself talk. He's not actually that bad. There's a couple I've heard about/seen who never ever acknowledge the student.

Most of the tenure's can teach they just talk i.e they're good for those 150 people class sizes. Once you get them in a class of 30, they're clueless. The ones that can teach are the assistant profs. Yet they never get tenure and are usually the hardest working profs usually on campus.

Michel

purelife

Lil Me wrote:
Sweet!  Next week I'm going to go EAT!!!

Chicken?

P.C.

49er wrote:    You come to this conclusion in less than a semester?

Some people are quite proficient at zeroing in on the negative. [img onclick="selecte('sarcasm.gif');" alt=emoticon src="http://www.pushupstairs.com/images/emoticon/blehnet/sarcasm.gif" border=0]
Sir Isaac Newton invented the swinging door....for the convenience of his cat.

Sportsdude

P.C. wrote:
[em]49er wrote:    You come to this conclusion in less than a semester?[/em]

Some people are quite proficient at zeroing in on the negative. [img onclick="selecte('sarcasm.gif');" alt="emoticon" src="http://www.pushupstairs.com/images/emoticon/blehnet/sarcasm.gif[/img]
or painting people with a wide brush stroke.

P.C.

Aw c'mon.....fess up.  You know you're good at locating the flaws quickly and thoroughly.  It's almost as if you take delight in it.[img onclick="selecte('stern.gif');" alt=emoticon src="http://www.pushupstairs.com/images/emoticon/blehnet/stern.gif" border=0]  
Sir Isaac Newton invented the swinging door....for the convenience of his cat.

The Dean

Sportsdude wrote:
  49er wrote:
You come to this conclusion in less than a semester?

Yeah. I'd tell you why but that's classified.
I've got contacts. I know the guy who developed/planned SFU's Village for example.

Translation:

I met a guy who knows a guy, who's uncle heard some news on the subject, so believe me, I am now an expert.  

|