What are you craving for?

Started by purelife, Feb 20 08 04:22

Previous topic - Next topic
|

Sportsdude

hahahahaha.
The new generation sings for revolution of the cows and the chickens.
They all hang out at Sprouts in the SUB. Vegan day is tomorrow oh and no cups either its bring your own cup if you want tea or something.

"We can't stop here. This is bat country."

Michel

49er

purelife wrote:
P.C. wrote:
I don't think I have ever had a persimmon.  How would you describe what a persimmon might taste like, purelife ?

When it's really ripe, it's kinda sweet, but a dry sweet.  It's tough for me to describe how it tastes like.  Some people don't like it because there really isn't much of a taste to it.  You'll have to try one.  
   There are two types of persimmons.  The persimmons that are in the pic are eaten when they are soft otherwise they are very bitter (I think these are called "fuyu" persimmons).  There are the flatter shaped type which are eaten hard.......like crunching on a sweet carrot.

Myself, I prefer dried persimmons

purelife

Are these the dried persimmons you are referring to 49er?  I like 'em too.  The other ones are too mushy for me.

Michel

Lil Me

I'm craving mushroom soup and scalloped potatoes.  
"In the absence of clearly-defined goals, we become strangely loyal to performing daily trivia until ultimately we become enslaved by it."  Robert Heinlein

Lise

I like persimmons too. You can actually get them at T&T. They're cheap-ish now.

Hot sweet soy milk with Chinese crullers. Hmmm..... just the solution for a cold, cold day.  
Always end the name of your child with a vowel, so that when you yell the name will carry.
Bill Cosby.

49er

purelife wrote:
Are these the dried persimmons you are referring to 49er?  I like 'em too.  The other ones are too mushy for me.

These are the hard variety.

The dried persimmons, I think are dried from the soft variety.  They are sold in chinese grocery markets, are coated with a white powder.  I usually wash the white powder off before I eat them....here's a pic

Lise

Oh, I think I had dried ones before. What's the white powdery stuff?
Always end the name of your child with a vowel, so that when you yell the name will carry.
Bill Cosby.

purelife

Oh, I've had those dried ones.  My mom fed them to us a long time ago.  I think I liked them.  I had no idea they were persimmons.  

Lil Me

I'm not sure if I've had dried persimmons before.  Every kind of muey takes the same to me.
 I think the white powder is a mixture of salt, sugar and spices.

"In the absence of clearly-defined goals, we become strangely loyal to performing daily trivia until ultimately we become enslaved by it."  Robert Heinlein

P.C.

Muey ?  Now what don't I know.  What is this Lil Me ?

Those persimmons are really pretty.  I'm going to try some.
Sir Isaac Newton invented the swinging door....for the convenience of his cat.

Sportsdude

lol Michel you don't like the Student Union Building. It's where everyone goes its the building of freedom from international capitalists except for the place where you can get Starbucks, that place is run by the university.  
"We can't stop here. This is bat country."

Lil Me

It's this genre of dried fruit that's covered in a salt/sugar/spice mixture.  Personally, the smell of it makes me feel slightly car sick, because my parents used to bring bags of it on loooong car trips.  Just bring on the easy listening music on QMFM and it's a genuine car sickness flashback.

Lil Me

SD- is the SUB cafeteria still there?  That was my favourite place to eat for years.  (oh, besides The Bay cafeteria and the lunch counter at Woolworth)  You got to carry that red tray around and choose your drinks...the milk machine was the best!  The choices seemed endless.  

|