Easy Meatloaf Recipe

Started by Lise, Jan 13 08 01:09

Previous topic - Next topic

Lise

I remember you guys talking about meatloaf recipe. Can you give me a really easy peasy one to do? Something that won't surprise the kids and hubby too much? It'll be my first time. It looks easy enough to do...
Always end the name of your child with a vowel, so that when you yell the name will carry.
Bill Cosby.

Sportsdude

"We can't stop here. This is bat country."

Lil Me

Meatloaf.....Paradise by the Dashboard Light?  lol

I don't make meat loaf, sorry.  Noone in my fam will eat it.

I do remember seeing a recipe for kids- make mini meatloaf in muffin cups.  Lise Jr and Lise Jr might enjoy cute little meatloaf muffins?

"In the absence of clearly-defined goals, we become strangely loyal to performing daily trivia until ultimately we become enslaved by it."  Robert Heinlein

TehBorken

Try here:  [a  href="http://www.royalrecipes.com/results.php?searchtext=meatloaf&searchtype=names"]Meatloaf recipes[/a]

The real trouble with reality is that there's no background music.

P.C.

Easy Peasy Meatloaf

Some chopped green pepper

Some chopped onion

Some minced garlic

A small handful of rolled oats

A small handful of bread crumbs

An egg

*optional...a package of dried onion soup mix.

*optional...finely grated carrot

Moosh it all up with your hands, throw it in a loaf pan.  Squirt a couple tablespoons of ketchup in a bowl. Add a tablespoon of brown sugar.  Mix it up, spread on top, throw in oven at 350.
Sir Isaac Newton invented the swinging door....for the convenience of his cat.

P.C.

Oh yea

...and some lean ground beef.

purelife

LOL PC... you're funny. :))

I've got a receipe too.  I don't think it's that easy as PC's...

lean ground beef

lean ground pork

lean ground veal

2 eggs or however much is required to hold everything

oats (soak them up first)

chopped up carrots, celery, onions

minced garlic

bacon slices

parsley

tabasco sauce (if you're into that)

any other spices that are good with meat

you take the bacon slices and lay them on top of your meatloaf on the pan.      

P.C.

purelife is cheating.  That's a [FONT size=4]gourmet meatloaf ![/FONT]  (is that an oxymoron?)  

purelife

But it's yummy and kinda easy to make... :)))  hee hee...

It could be a bit expensive buying the variety of ground meat plus the bacon.  

I think Lise can take suggestions and improvise. :)

purelife

Ok...totally forgot about ketchup...meatloaf has to have ketchup

Lil Me

Maybe you can mix up types of meat.  Pork is cheaper than beef.  Especially at StupidStore or T&T  
"In the absence of clearly-defined goals, we become strangely loyal to performing daily trivia until ultimately we become enslaved by it."  Robert Heinlein

Lise

Wow! Some great ideas and tips. Can't eat pork though but I'll improvised and come up with something. Hopefully  my family will eat it no problems.
Always end the name of your child with a vowel, so that when you yell the name will carry.
Bill Cosby.

purelife

I've got something that I think your family and anyone else here will absolutely love if they love cheese and chicken and brocolli.

My guy loves this receipe and all the kids I know. :)))  It's definitely VERY easy to make and I make it very often.

3 chicken breasts
pepper to taste
oil
some brocolli florets, about 3 bunches
1 can of cream of chicken soup (low in fat)
1/2 cup mayo
1 tsp curry powder
1 tsp lemon juice
1 cup grated cheddar cheese

cut chicken in bite-sized pieces and sprinkle with pepper, saute in oil until a bit brown.  while that is cooking, boil or steam your brocolli until tender crisp.

drain brocolli and arrange in bottom of buttered casserole dish and then place chicken on top.  in another bowl, mix together soup, mayo, curry and lemon juice.  pour this mixture over the chicken/brocolli and then sprinkle with cheddar cheese.  bake 350 uncovered for 30-35 min.

serve over rice.