Canadian women reveal candid details about sex lives in survey

Started by Sportsdude, Jan 12 08 01:43

Previous topic - Next topic

Sportsdude

Chatelaine polled 4,000 women in Canada

A new survey has revealed intimate details of the sex lives of Canadian women, including the fact that half admit their body image interferes with sex and a quarter say they routinely fake orgasms.

When asked to rank their bodies on a scale of one to 10, most women gave themselves only a six. In general, the better women felt about themselves, the more they enjoyed sex.

53 per cent said they want more sex than they get
22 per cent say they have sworn off sex at least once in the past.
22 per cent said they had never masturbated
38 per cent said they owned a vibrator

"Twenty-two per cent never masturbate? They're missing out," one woman told CBC News.[/p]  "That's a lie," her friend said about the results.
[/p]81 per cent said they never had cybersex
More than a quarter of women said love is everything when it comes to having great sex while 41 per cent said it's not everything, "but it's most important."

1 in 5 said they had enjoyed a purely sexual, emotion-free relationship in the past
5 per cent of women said they had engaged in group sex
11 per cent of women had experienced bondage
3 per cent have experienced S&M
81 per cent like receiving oral sex
33 per cent don't like giving it
5 per cent had phone sex with a stranger.
31 per cent would rather have root canal than spend a day on a nude beach

"Five per cent have had group sex? Oh my God. That number is a little higher than I would have thought," one woman said.

Differences between French and English Canadian women
 42 per cent of French Canadian women said they initiate sex
32 per cent of English Canadian women said they initiate sex
72 per cent of French Canadian women reported they had an orgasm most or all of the time during sex
57 per cent of English Canadian women reported they had an orgasm most or all of the time during sex

[a href="http://ca.news.yahoo.com/s/cbc/080111/canada/canada_sex_survey"]http://ca.news.yahoo.com/s/cbc/080111/canada/canada_sex_survey[/a]

"We can't stop here. This is bat country."

Lil Me

Call me an idiot, but the 5% who had phone sex with "stranger"....who'd they call?!  Ghostbusters?  
"In the absence of clearly-defined goals, we become strangely loyal to performing daily trivia until ultimately we become enslaved by it."  Robert Heinlein

Sportsdude

they probably called 1-800 love now or something, but that's my hunch.  

Lil Me

I haan't actually thought about Chatelaine magazine for years.  My mom used to subscribe in the 70s and 80s.  Used to read Chatelaine in the bathroom at home- with the McLeans and Canadian Living.  
"In the absence of clearly-defined goals, we become strangely loyal to performing daily trivia until ultimately we become enslaved by it."  Robert Heinlein

Sportsdude

Lil Me

Very Canadian.  Read many interviews with Mila Mulroney "at home" at 24 Sussex.  

Sportsdude

oye the mulroneys. lol
so its a women's magazine?
Good House Keeping or Cosmo...

Lise

Did they mention a poll about having sex with SD? They didn't? Sheesh.
Always end the name of your child with a vowel, so that when you yell the name will carry.
Bill Cosby.

Sportsdude