I eat it to be polite
0 (0%)
I somewhat dislike it
0 (0%)
I HATE IT
3 (37.5%)

Total Members Voted: 8

Lil Me

"In the absence of clearly-defined goals, we become strangely loyal to performing daily trivia until ultimately we become enslaved by it."  Robert Heinlein

Sportsdude

never had fruitcake  
"We can't stop here. This is bat country."

P.C.

Well if anyone ever sends you one SD....they make really good door-stops.
Sir Isaac Newton invented the swinging door....for the convenience of his cat.

purelife

P.C.

I don't even like looking at it. [img style="CURSOR: pointer" onclick=url(this.src); src="http://www.cheesebuerger.de/images/more/bigs/c008.gif" border=0]

Schadenfreude

Love it.

And like Christmas pudding, it's a tradition in my house.
"I used to rock and roll all night and party every day, then it was every other day.  Now I'm lucky if I can find half an hour a week in which to get funky."

P.C.

Schad !!!!!  Nice to see you.

I made Christmas pudding once, but I didn't eat any.  Ptewwwi !!  I didn't like looking at that either. (although I have to admit, it smelled really nice)  I may look into some Christmas Pudding Febreze.

purelife

Schadey!!!!!  Hi!

I agree PC.  Looking at it contaminates my eyes with a bit of dust.  Bad stuff and bad for your health. ;)  

P.C.

Actually, it's packed with iron. (and probably some lead)

And rum.  How bad can it be?

purelife

Where did Schadey go?  Did I miss him by a nano second?

Why couldn't they make chocolate fruit cake but without the real fruit?  That'll be yummy.  (oh, and with some rum for PC.)

P.C.

I think Schad was only here for a nano second.

Yea yea....now you're talkin.  A chocolate fruitcake.....hold the fruit.  They could call it....um....hmm...... chocolate cake !  

Sportsdude

if they make really good door steps can I feed them to the birds?  

P.C.

Only if you have a mean streak.

Sportsdude

so a fruit cake would be an insult to the birds?  

Lil Me

[span class="a12"]The worst gift is a fruitcake. There is only one fruitcake in the entire world, and people keep sending it to each other.
 -Johnny Carson

Funny thing is, my mom makes fruitcake every year.  It's brutally expensive to make (all the candied fruit, dried nuts and booze- and the thick layer of marzipan on top).  Her elderly relatives and some of her cohorts enjoy it.

Fruitcake is a sentimental thing for mom.  They used to buy one from Woodwards every Xmas when she was growing up.  Later, she started making it using Edith Adams' recipe (from the Vancouver Sun).  She soaks the fruit in brandy in Nov, bakes the cakes the Remembrance Day weekend and then soaks the cakes until Xmas in rum.
 [/span]  
"In the absence of clearly-defined goals, we become strangely loyal to performing daily trivia until ultimately we become enslaved by it."  Robert Heinlein