Christmas Wish List

Started by Lise, Dec 10 07 12:06

Previous topic - Next topic

Lise

So.... what do you really want for Christmas?

I want a nice vacation (maybe for a year) in Australia. Think Santa will grant me that wish soon?
Always end the name of your child with a vowel, so that when you yell the name will carry.
Bill Cosby.

Gopher

Immediate well-paid retirement.  
A fool's paradise is better than none.

Sportsdude

hmmm
getting into UBC.

"We can't stop here. This is bat country."

purelife

all-inclusive vacation to some warm resort where I can get pampered would be wonderful, but I'm dreaming.    

Lil Me

I don't want or need anything.

Linus Van Pelt said (quoting Luke 2):
 [em]And the angel said unto them, Fear not, for behold, I bring unto you good tidings of great joy, which shall be to all people. For unto you this day is born in the City of Bethlehem, a Savior, which is Christ the Lord. And this shall be a sign unto you; you shall find the babe wrapped in swaddling clothes and lying in a manger. And suddenly there was with the angel, a multitude of the heavenly host, praising God, and saying, 'Glory to God in the highest, and on Earth peace, good will toward men'". That's what Christmas is all about, Charlie Brown[/em]

"In the absence of clearly-defined goals, we become strangely loyal to performing daily trivia until ultimately we become enslaved by it."  Robert Heinlein

Lil Me

Having said that I don't want or need anything, I wouldn't turn down:
 -instant miraculous 20/20 vision
 -a computer that actually works
 -a stasis chamber

"In the absence of clearly-defined goals, we become strangely loyal to performing daily trivia until ultimately we become enslaved by it."  Robert Heinlein

purelife

What's a stasis chamber?  Is that some place where you lock secrets?

Lil Me

Aha!  Stasis chamber.  It's like a nap pod where time is suspended when you enter.  I could really enjoy one of these things.
 [a href="http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Stasis_%28fiction%29"]http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Stasis_(fiction)[/a]

purelife

That's the first time I've ever heard of it.  It sounds interesting though.  If I had one, I would bring sardines.

P.C.

I like the sound of a 'nap pod'.
Sir Isaac Newton invented the swinging door....for the convenience of his cat.

Lazy Orik

Sighs a vaction to the philippines. 1 year sound perfect. i can learn how to speak tagalog :)  but im dreaming right.

i want to spend enourmous amounts of time on the beach .  sailing  diving swimming and suntanning... hehehe

i would avoid the cities though  some where on the beach is what i want away from the night life and away from crowds...  peace and relaxation... and a chance to finish writing  some things...  but the odds of my ever taking that vaction slim and none.  all in all almost 50 k  is wht is needed... for my dream vacation.. which includes touring japan china tibet vietnam thailand the philippines  pretty much all of asia ...   i wish i new why i was so drawn that section of the world nd why i want to spend my time being a tourist in a country where i could not speak the language .. but it is my dream..

Russ

purelife wrote:
 That's the first time I've ever heard of it.  It sounds interesting though.  If I had one, I would bring sardines. [/DIV]
 My god.. always the sardines! Starfish bought a whackload of them the other day... I have hidden them away in a deep dark corner.
Mercy to the Guilty is Torture to the Victims

purelife

LOL Russ.  You could have taken them from her and say that you'll bring them to the "boat."  And then you can free the sardines in the water.

Lil Me

Dear Santa:
 I would like one of those genetically engineered hypoallergenic Allerca kittens.

Last night I carried a lost kitty around.  Took about 1/2 hr until I found its home.  I was an itchball by then.

purelife

How did you figure out the lost kitty's home, LM?