Reincarnation

Started by Gopher, Nov 26 07 11:34

Previous topic - Next topic

Gopher

If it were possible,  who or what would you come back as, and why?
A fool's paradise is better than none.

P.C.

I'd like to come back as ME again......but with all the life experiences intact from the beginning.
Sir Isaac Newton invented the swinging door....for the convenience of his cat.

TehBorken

I didn't believe in reincanation the last time.
The real trouble with reality is that there's no background music.

Lil Me

My choices are:

1)  A young woman who marries a returning WWII GI and moves to Anyplace USA.
 Just because I love the simplicity of the 1950s and the inherent optimism.

2)  A 1960s Goodfella.
 Just because it would be cool.

"In the absence of clearly-defined goals, we become strangely loyal to performing daily trivia until ultimately we become enslaved by it."  Robert Heinlein

Sportsdude

60's Europe
The future.

"We can't stop here. This is bat country."

Christ is Lord

Acts 4:12 None other name...whereby we must be saved
1Tim.2:5 One mediator between God and men...Christ Jesus
Jn.3:16 God...gave His only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in Him, should...have everlasting life
Jn.3:36b He that believeth not the Son shall not see life
Jn.8:24 If ye believe not that I am He, ye shall die in your sins
Jn.10:1 He that entereth not by the door...but climbeth up some other way...is a thief and a robber
Jn.10:9 I am the door: by Me if any man enter in...be saved
Jn.14:6 I am the way, the truth, and the life: no man cometh unto the Father but by Me
1Cor.3:11 For other foundation can no man lay than... Jesus Christ
1Jn.5:12 He that hath not the Son of God hath not life

P.C.

So who would you come back as ?

stretchedout

Why do we hate people who spout of religous text so much?

Coming back as a better person because so far I have learned so much it would be meaningless to come back as less of a person.  
C'mon, the city is sleeping!

P.C.

yea....I think that's kind of what I was trying to say.....coming back as me again, with all the life experiences, so I can do it better the second time around.  Coming back as someone else wouldn't let me know if I improved....lol

Gopher

I've finally decided. I want to come back as an Olympic mascot - there'll be pretty little to do and at least I'd be assured of more than 15 seconds of fame.
A fool's paradise is better than none.

Lil Me

Perfect idea, Gophie.   Choose one that wears a hat!  
"In the absence of clearly-defined goals, we become strangely loyal to performing daily trivia until ultimately we become enslaved by it."  Robert Heinlein

Murgi

I want to come back as a chicken.

Lil Me

a dancing chicken?  

Vivek Golikeri

Gopher wrote:
 If it were possible,  who or what would you come back as, and why?[/DIV]
 I'm not sure you have too much say in how you come back. It all depends on the sum total of your karma, your previous actions. Also, it is determined by what lessons you need to learn next in the School of Life. And by the way, you do not come back as an animal and all that. You passed the animal stages long ago until you attained the human state. Now, as an intelligent being, your job is to evolve spiritually.

P.C.

I never thought about passing 'the animal stages'.  So I'm sticking to my original plan.  I'm coming back as myself, so I have a gage of my improvement.   [/DIV]