What's for Thanksgiving Dinner this year?

Started by Lil Me, Oct 06 07 04:45

Previous topic - Next topic

Lil Me

"In the absence of clearly-defined goals, we become strangely loyal to performing daily trivia until ultimately we become enslaved by it."  Robert Heinlein

Sportsdude

I think so, hopefully I can get over the flu bug and attend my roommates thanksgiving. Was invited don't want to miss it thanks to the stupid flu. :(((

I know this sounds stupid but what does a canadian thanksgiving usually have to eat?

"We can't stop here. This is bat country."

wyk

Sportsdude wrote:
I think so, hopefully I can get over the flu bug and attend my roommates thanksgiving. Was invited don't want to miss it thanks to the stupid flu. :(((

I know this sounds stupid but what does a canadian thanksgiving usually have to eat?

Roasted turkey with stuffing, mashed potatoes, dinner rolls, beans, peas & carrots, sweet potatoes with marshmallows on top, turnip, gelatin & regular salads, pickles, gravy, pumpkin pie, apple pie, cranberry sauce (both homemade & canned).

People sit around chomping on mixed nuts, beer, and cider watching some football game before dinner, and fall asleep watching some football game after dinner.  Ya know, kinda like the American Thanksgiving.    

BattleToad 9000+

[FONT face="Arial Narrow" color=#ff0000 size=7]AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHH!!!![/FONT]

Lise

Eeeow. That's gross.

I'm having chicken, roast yam and some other boiled veggies on the side. Possibly pumpkin pie for dessert.
Always end the name of your child with a vowel, so that when you yell the name will carry.
Bill Cosby.

Sportsdude

has anybody ever told themselves they aren't going to over eat but end up doing so anyway? I can't seem to not over eat when it comes to holidays.  

wyk

Sportsdude wrote:
has anybody ever told themselves they aren't going to over eat but end up doing so anyway? I can't seem to not over eat when it comes to holidays.

What is the purpose of having holiday dinners with all the trimmings if one doesn't over-eat?  

Sportsdude

then followed by the "oh gosh I'm so fat, I'm an embarrassment to the family" a day after.

wyk

Sportsdude wrote:
then followed by the "oh gosh I'm so fat, I'm an embarrassment to the family" a day after.

Bah, if you're truly worried about over-eating at your friend's Thanksgiving dinner, eat a bowl of soup before you go.  Not a pot full of Chunky Soup, more like about 1-cup of clear beef or chicken or vegetable broth to fill your tummy up then you won't eat like two or three helpings.    

Sportsdude

its not the first meal that's a problem for me, its I eat then come back a couple hours later.  

wyk

Sportsdude wrote:
its not the first meal that's a problem for me, its I eat then come back a couple hours later.

Oh that's nothing then.  We're supposed to eat like every 3 hours anyway.

Sportsdude

really? because every time I go back for seconds I always get the gosh you never stop eating from my obese cousins with fatty livers.  

scott

[font size="-1"]what?!  thangiving is on november 23.[/font]  

P.C.

....and we'll be there for you.  Wishing YOU a happy Thanksgiving.  
Sir Isaac Newton invented the swinging door....for the convenience of his cat.

Lise

That's in the states, right? How come we have it early and the states in November? Is Thanksgiving like a US holiday more so than a Canadian?
Always end the name of your child with a vowel, so that when you yell the name will carry.
Bill Cosby.