Gun Lovers Logic

Started by 49er, Oct 01 07 08:17

Previous topic - Next topic

49er

[SPAN style="COLOR: black"]FACTS TO PONDER[/SPAN][SPAN style="COLOR: black"]:  
(A) The number of physicians in the[SPAN class=apple-converted-space] [/SPAN]U.S.[SPAN class=apple-converted-space] [/SPAN]is 700,000.
(B) Accidental deaths caused by Physicians per year are 120,000.
(C) Accidental deaths per physician is 0.171 .
Statistics courtesy of U.S. Dept of Health Human Services.

Now think about this: Guns:
(A) The number of gun owners in the[SPAN class=apple-converted-space] [/SPAN]U.S.[SPAN class=apple-converted-space] [/SPAN]is 80,000,000. (Yes, that's 80 million..)
(B) The number of [SPAN id=lw_1191287581_0 style="BACKGROUND: none transparent scroll repeat 0% 0%; CURSOR: hand; BORDER-BOTTOM: #0066cc 1px dashed"][SPAN id=lw_1191294880_0 style="BACKGROUND: none transparent scroll repeat 0% 0%; CURSOR: hand; BORDER-BOTTOM: #0066cc 1px dashed; HEIGHT: 1em"]accidental gun deaths[/SPAN][/SPAN] per year, all age groups, is 1,500.
(C) The number of accidental deaths per gun owner is .000188.
Statistics courtesy of [SPAN id=lw_1191287581_1 style="BACKGROUND: none transparent scroll repeat 0% 0%; CURSOR: hand; BORDER-BOTTOM: #0066cc 1px dashed"][SPAN id=lw_1191294880_1 style="CURSOR: hand; BORDER-BOTTOM: #0066cc 1px dashed; HEIGHT: 1em"]FBI[/SPAN][/SPAN]

So, statistically, doctors are approximately 9,000 times more dangerous
than gun owners.
Remember, "Guns don't kill people, doctors do."

FACT: NOT EVERYONE HAS A GUN, BUT ALMOST EVERYONE HAS AT LEAST ONE DOCTOR.

Please alert your friends to this alarming threat.
We must ban doctors before this gets completely out of hand!!!!!

[/SPAN]

P.C.

Hahahahaaaa.  Now there's some fodder for those that fight for their right to bare arms.
Sir Isaac Newton invented the swinging door....for the convenience of his cat.

Lil Me

haha- you guys are hilarious.

Next time I need surgery, I might have better chances by shooting myself...

"In the absence of clearly-defined goals, we become strangely loyal to performing daily trivia until ultimately we become enslaved by it."  Robert Heinlein

Russ

So... do you consider all guns to be bad?

Or would you say no to handguns and assault rifles.. But possible to long guns ie hunting rifles?

Curious.
Mercy to the Guilty is Torture to the Victims

Ace

I'd say that I should give the old guns a cleaning, and welcome some of you guys out to an hour or two at the range...  Revolver, semi-auto, even a semi-auto assault style firearm...   You'd have some fun, even if you've never fired a pistol before!
There is no safer place that you could be, than at a range...  And the behaviour that's expected there of everyone is 100% professional...  
The bitterness of poor quality is remembered long after the sweetness of low price has faded from memory

TehBorken

Ace wrote:
I'd say that I should give the old guns a cleaning, and welcome some of you guys out to an hour or two at the range...

If you're ever in Seattle, look me up and we'll go hit the range here.

[img style="width: 317px; height: 254px;" src="http://www.mchenryidpa.com/special/pro-gun/washere.jpg[/img]

The real trouble with reality is that there's no background music.

TehBorken

I've always felt that people who are very anti-gun should be proud of their position, and let everyone else know by putting this on their car or jacket:

[img style="width: 501px; height: 143px;" src="http://black-guns.com/unarmed%20bumper%20sticker.gif"]
The real trouble with reality is that there's no background music.

P.C.

lol.  I have a friend who moved to Texas several years ago.  ALL their friends have guns....and ALL their friends thing they are the weirdest couple ever because they won't get a gun.  It's so funny, because if they were still here...and HAD a gun.... it would be the other way around.

Just to cloud the issue....maybe there should be some more statistics for NON-accidental deaths resulting from firearms.....compared to NON-accidental deaths by doctors.

Total deaths by firearms is 29,569 and 64,389 injuries. (this is for 2004)  Can't find any stats on doctors' 'on purpose' killings.  What does this mean?  I have no idea....but it's amazing.          
Sir Isaac Newton invented the swinging door....for the convenience of his cat.