Rate me: Steak

Started by Wondering, Sep 30 07 05:31

Previous topic - Next topic

Lil Me

Russ wrote:
What do you need a potato or salad for that matter if you have a big hunk of meat? Isnt that all you need?
 --

Depends how large and hunky the meat is.

"In the absence of clearly-defined goals, we become strangely loyal to performing daily trivia until ultimately we become enslaved by it."  Robert Heinlein

P.C.

What do you expect on a 'rate my meat' thread.   [img style="CURSOR: pointer" onclick=url(this.src); src="http://www.cheesebuerger.de/images/more/bigs/c008.gif" border=0]
Sir Isaac Newton invented the swinging door....for the convenience of his cat.

Michel

Nah

Russ wrote:
 [div style="font-style: italic;"]What do you need a potato or salad for that matter if you have a big hunk of meat? Isnt that all you need?[/div]
Nope, you gotta have all the trimming and fixings with the steak, no matter how BIG it is.

Nah

Russ wrote:
 [div style="font-style: italic;"]What do you need a potato or salad for that matter if you have a big hunk of meat? Isnt that all you need?[/div]
Nope, you gotta have all the trimming and fixings with the steak, no matter how BIG it is.

49er

why do I have the feeling we are no longer talking about steak

purelife

mmmmmmmmmmmsteak......juicy... tender....  

49er

typical woman!    blinded by the size of the steak.......don't you see the saw next to it?

Lil Me

But really...it's not the size of the steak that matters.  It's the quality.  
"In the absence of clearly-defined goals, we become strangely loyal to performing daily trivia until ultimately we become enslaved by it."  Robert Heinlein

P.C.

lol Lil Me.

It was Maria Muldaur who once said.....It ain't the meat, it's the motion......

(this is from 'the olden days')

[img alt="Maria Muldaur" src="http://www.artistdirect.com/Images/Sources/AMGPORTRAITS/music/portrait200/drp000/p030/p03089n40g0.jpg" width=200 border=0]

OMG.....no kidding

[TABLE bgColor=#ffffdd border=1] [TBODY] [TR] [TD align=middle colSpan=2][SMALL]Please type the text below into this field[/SMALL][/TD][/TR] [TR] [TD align=middle] [STYLE type=text/css]    TD.at_r1 (vertical-align:bottom;)    [/STYLE]  [TABLE cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 border=0] [TBODY] [TR] [TD][/TD] [TD class=at_r1 rowSpan=2]ve[/TD] [TD][/TD][/TR] [TR] [TD]cur[/TD] [TD]s[/TD][/TR][/TBODY][/TABLE][/TD] [TD][INPUT size=10 value=curves name=sauce][/TD][/TR][/TBODY][/TABLE] [img id=fetchSessionTemp alt="" src="http://discoverseattle.net/forums/Themes/default/images/blank.gif"]    

49er

motion too!

My wife now really doesn't have to worry of me cheating

P.C.

lol 49er.  This topic has gone WAYYY off.  And all over a steak.....rofl

Lil Me

I think most people would agree with the statement that a steak is much more satisfying if someone else cooks it.  But we're often too broke or lazy to go out for steak all the time, so steak at home must suffice.  

Dont think so

One of the keys to a great or even a good steak is the grill temperature.  I have never made a good steak, just ok on a portable propane grill.  You need a big boy with lots of heat, 550-600 F for at least a minute or two sear the juices.  Those small bbqs just can't get back up to temperature once you put the steak on the grill.  The other is the marinade but I prefer nothing more than salt and pepper on my steak, maybe a bit of butter.

P.C.

I've never had as good a steak 'out' as we make at home.  EVER.  No marinade for me either.....salt and pepper is perfect.[/DIV]

|