Pregnant for 46 years

Started by Lise, Sep 27 07 05:34

Previous topic - Next topic

Lise

Incredible as it may seem, there was actually a woman who was pregnant for 46 years. I watched the documentary yesterday and was just amazed at how the human body can entombed this fetus within the woman for that long. This phenomenon is known as 'stone baby' or Lithopedian (Greek: Stone, Pedian: Baby) where the baby begins to form a calcified mass after a while.

Kinda sad but in a twist of luck, the fact the woman fled from the hospital 50 years ago probably saved her life. At the time the doctors wouldn't have known what to do and had they preform a C section on her, she would have died there. This is her [A href="http://english.pravda.ru/science/19/94/377/12796_pregnancy.html"]story[/A].

[P align=justify]Last year, an elderly woman attended a clinic in Rabat, Morocco. The lady complained she was feeling heaviness in the lower part of her stomach and experienced shortness of breath.

[P align=justify]X-ray indicated that the lady needed immediate surgery. The surgery was conducted the next day. Surgeons made a Caesarian section and extracted a formless calcified lump. As it was later determined, this respected Moroccan woman got pregnant 46 years ago!

[!-- TEXT BLOCK 2 --] [P align=justify]She's been carrying her future baby for 7 months, when the fetus died while still in the womb. With time, the fetus has fossilized after being saturated with calcium produced by female's organism. Most remarkable of all is that this fossilized "cocoon" did not affect the overall mother's condition. The "calcified mummy" will now be exhibited at the capital's clinic of medical marvels.

[!-- TEXT BLOCK 3 --] [P align=justify]

[P align=justify][A href="http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lithopedion"]What is Lithopedian?[/A]

Always end the name of your child with a vowel, so that when you yell the name will carry.
Bill Cosby.

GORDY GAMBINO

CAPO DI TUTTI CAPPI

Michel

Lise

Gordy, it's all real! I'm not kidding. I watched it on Discovery Chanel and it was just fascinating.

Yes, Michel. She carried that weight in her for 46 years and just assumed her baby went away or went to sleep. I guess with her background (she's from a village), she did not seek medical attention or ask what happened to her.

It's just an amazing story.
Always end the name of your child with a vowel, so that when you yell the name will carry.
Bill Cosby.

Meonce

you know whats really funny [person who says its a load of crock] is that it is true and by true i mean factual, if your unsure of it's meaning since you must be uneducated!  

Lil Me

Meonce- are you related to....Beyonce?  
"In the absence of clearly-defined goals, we become strangely loyal to performing daily trivia until ultimately we become enslaved by it."  Robert Heinlein

Russ

It IS amazing.. and also a little scary in teh fact she just kinda 'forgot' she was once pregnant.

Enjoyed the link and story.. thanks Lise
Mercy to the Guilty is Torture to the Victims

P.C.

Meonce- are you related to....Beyonce?

[img style="CURSOR: pointer" onclick=url(this.src); src="http://www.cheesebuerger.de/images/more/bigs/c008.gif" border=0]

I thought that was Beyonce's cat.
Sir Isaac Newton invented the swinging door....for the convenience of his cat.

Michel