What's happening in Jena?

Started by Lise, Sep 22 07 09:45

Previous topic - Next topic

Lise

I see it on the news. I know it's to do with racial tension but for the life of me, I don't understand what's happening. Can someone explain?
Always end the name of your child with a vowel, so that when you yell the name will carry.
Bill Cosby.

Sportsdude

sure no biggie.
whites picked on blacks. Blacks beat up the whites. White kid got misdmeanors and the black kids got attempted murder. Justice system not fair, if you're going to try the black kids for murder then you've got to try the white kids. That's what people are pissed about. People aren't saying the black kids are innocent they just want a fair justice system.

"We can't stop here. This is bat country."

Sportsdude

[h1 style="font-weight: normal;"]                                         FBI probes anti-Jena 6 Web page[/h1]
The FBI is reviewing a white supremacist Web site that purports to list the addresses of five of the six black teenagers accused of beating a white student in Jena and "essentially called for their lynching," an agency spokeswoman said Saturday.[/p] Sheila Thorne, an agent in the FBI's New Orleans office, said authorities were reviewing whether the site breaks any federal laws. She said the FBI had "gathered intelligence on the matter," but declined to further explain how the agency got involved.[/p] CNN first reported Friday about the Web site, which features a swastika, frequent use of racial slurs, a mailing address in Roanoke, Va., and phone numbers purportedly for some of the teens' families "in case anyone wants to deliver justice." That page is dated Thursday.[/p][a href="http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20070923/ap_on_re_us/jena_six"]http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20070923/ap_on_re_us/jena_six[/a]

Michel

Lise

Ah, OK. I see. Thanks for breaking that down. Ugh... I'm not touching DV with a ten foot pole. Too much racism over there and some starting to creep into DATW.
Always end the name of your child with a vowel, so that when you yell the name will carry.
Bill Cosby.

ripper

Sportsdude wrote:
sure no biggie.
whites picked on blacks. Blacks beat up the whites. White kid got misdmeanors and the black kids got attempted murder. Justice system not fair, if you're going to try the black kids for murder then you've got to try the white kids. That's what people are pissed about. People aren't saying the black kids are innocent they just want a fair justice system.

Are you kidding me or what. Six black kids attacked one white kid and  beat him to a pulp. After he was knocked out cold, they proceeded to repeatedly kick him in the head, thus the attempted murder charges. I wonder what you or all these black thug apologist would say if the victim and antagonists were reversed.

GORDY GAMBINO

Hey ripper maybe you want to check out the forum Tightrope. If you like posting racist stuff that is the place to do it!!!
CAPO DI TUTTI CAPPI

Sportsdude

This is a culmination of a bunch of fights.
And yes this is unfair.

Go to any local or private high school in the states. If a black kid gets into a very bad fight he or she gets put on probation or gets suspended. The white kid just gets in school or out of school suspension. I've been in and seen both situations.

GORDY GAMBINO

Oprah should get involved!
CAPO DI TUTTI CAPPI

Sportsdude

she probably will. But I get tired of the Sharpton's, Jackson's, Oprah's of the world. They come into a situation and make it all about them which in the process kills the movement. Because then the media and pundits focus on them and not the issue.  

ripper

GORDY GAMBINO wrote:
 Hey ripper maybe you want to check out the forum Tightrope. If you like posting racist stuff that is the place to do it!!![/DIV]
 Yeah right Gordy. Coming from a guy who's always spouting racist shit, you should be one to talk. Oh and by the way, i've never heard of Tightrope nor do i have any interest in such shit. I just tell it like i see it. Wasn't it Sharpton the guy who told the whole world how that poor black girl was kidnapped and raped by a bunch of white guys who then proceeded to smear dog shit on her? Wasn't it these same clowns who wanted and got those poor Duke kids to be charged with rape which turned out to be bullshit?

Sportsdude

yes. that's why I don't like them. They're in it for themselves. The real activists are the ones you never see.  

ripper

I agree sportsdude. They make me sick. They are the true racists. They hide behind the skin colour and and play the role of victim. All the while the media laps it up and hold them up as role models and spokesmen for the black community. I've met racist in every nationality and religion, but these black racists are the worst. They are constantly given a free pass by government and media alike.