“The View” co-host doesn’t know if the world is round or flat

Started by TehBorken, Sep 19 07 01:10

Previous topic - Next topic

TehBorken

Incredible....has Sherri Shepphard never seen a globe, never seen a picture of the Earth in her entire life, never heard a mention of the world being round?
[hr style="width: 100%; height: 2px;"] One of the co-hosts of The View, Sherri Sheppherd, said she didn't believe in evolution so co-host Whoopi Goldberg asked her if she believed the world was flat or round. [a href="http://www.thedailybackground.com/2007/09/18/video-the-view-co-host-doesnt-know-if-the-world-is-round-or-flat/"]She wasn't able to answer, using the excuse that she was too busy being a good little housewife[/a] to think about complicated things like matters that science settled hundreds of years ago. Amazing. Partial transcript:[/p] [blockquote] WHOOPI GOLDBERG: Is the world flat?[/p] SHERRI SHEPHERD: Is the world flat? (laughter)[/p] GOLDBERG: Yes.[/p] SHEPHERD: ...I Don't know.[/p] GOLDBERG: What do you think?[/p] SHEPHERD: I... I never thought about it, Whoopi. Is the world flat? I never thought about it.[/p] BARBARA WALTERS: You've never thought about whether the world was round or flat?[/p] SHEPHERD: I tell you what I've thought about. How I'm going to feed my child–[/p] WALTERS: Well you can do both.[/p] SHEPERD: ...how I'm going to take care of my family. The world, is the world flat has never entered into, like that has not been an important thing to me.[/p] ELIZABETH HASSELBECK: You'll teach your son, Jeffery, right?[/p] SHEPHERD: If my son, Jeffery, asks me 'is the world flat,' I guess I would go...[/p] JOY BEHAR: You know, didn't some person already work this question out? I mean, why are we doing this again? (laughter, applause) [/p][/blockquote]          [a href="http://www.thedailybackground.com/2007/09/18/video-the-view-co-host-doesnt-know-if-the-world-is-round-or-flat/"]http://www.thedailybackground.com/2007/09/18/video-the-view-co-host-doesnt-know-if-the-world-is-round-or-flat/[/a]

The real trouble with reality is that there's no background music.

P.C.

I wonder if she went to the same school as Miss South Carolina.
Sir Isaac Newton invented the swinging door....for the convenience of his cat.

P.C.

JJ

I guess they've decided to get dumber guest hosts so Elizabeth won't be the only idiot at the table!

Lise

But she's half right though. The world isn't flat nor is it round, it is a sphere or spherical (spelling?) in nature. At least that's what I remember from one of my science lesson. Gawd... I can still remember my teacher correcting me on that one.
Always end the name of your child with a vowel, so that when you yell the name will carry.
Bill Cosby.

P.C.

But she's half right though. The world isn't flat nor is it round, it is a sphere or spherical (spelling?) in nature. At least that's what I remember from one of my science lesson. Gawd... I can still remember my teacher correcting me on that one.

Your teacher was a nit-picker.  As far as I know.....a sphere is round.  

edit....I can see her correcting the difference between a circle and a sphere.

Lise

Yes, he was a nit-picker, alright but from what I remember... he said that round and sphere aren't the same. I guess you could say, round is like a 2D and a sphere more like a 3D. so the world is a 3D-round shape.

Argh! Damn you Mr. R!!! Years later, your teachings still lurk somewhere in my muddy brain...
Always end the name of your child with a vowel, so that when you yell the name will carry.
Bill Cosby.

P.C.

P.C.

A circle is one dimensional......something that is round is 3 dimensional.

Lise

Wow, PC! Are you trying to muddy my brain further? I can't go on......

What I should have asked him was, "Are your balls round?" OMG. Dentention for a year.
Bill Cosby.

Lise

Eeeeooowwww.... NO NO NON NON NON.... he wasn't cute. EEEOWWWOWOW.... excuse me while I go take a bath.
Bill Cosby.

Lise

Hehe. No, it's quite ok, Michel. He was one of those teachers that you were really glad to have in your classroom (I mean, he was a fanstastic teacher!) but you would have to bend the laws of everything to be attracted to him.

There were NO cute teachers when I was in highschool. Darn!
Bill Cosby.