Patience
4 (50%)
Kindness
7 (87.5%)
Humility
0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 8

Gopher

I've just discovered this list, it's more or less composed of the direct opposites of the seven deadly sins, however I thought it might be worth posting as a matter of curiosity.  
A fool's paradise is better than none.

purelife

dilligence and kindness

I didn't know abstinence is a virtue?

Gopher

I suppose it comes as the opposite of gluttony

P.C.

Patience and Kindness.  [img style="CURSOR: pointer" onclick=url(this.src); src="http://www.cheesebuerger.de/images/more/bigs/c018.gif[/img]  (and I've had it up to HERE with anybody who disagrees)
Sir Isaac Newton invented the swinging door....for the convenience of his cat.

purelife

Speaking of kindness, is there the general feeling that people who are active church-go'ers are more kind than those who aren't?  

Just curious about your thoughts.

P.C.

That would not be my observation.

Gopher

I'd like to think they are, then again there are a lot of self-righteous hypocrites who are ostentatious church goers (Bush, for one).  

Sportsdude

more like prententious then kinder.  
"We can't stop here. This is bat country."

purelife

P.C. wrote:
That would not be my observation.
Same here.  But I've met people who believe it so.  (probably they are church go'ers)

Sportsdude

that's because they believe they're better then the rest of us.

greatest moment of 'church' kindness I've ran into is the pastor telling his flock that all catholics are evil, when the people mourning the death of their dad and husband were catholic.

Or saying people like Ghandi are burning in hell for disregarding Christ and staying in the pagan religion of Hinduism.

Gopher

I wonder what sort of religion they think they represent? Certainly they don't have much spiritual awareness.

Sportsdude

Its the Missouri Synod Lutherans they've never been the brightest. They excommunicated a pastor because he "worshiped" with "pagans, athiests, evil doers and Oprah" during the 9/11 inter-faith gathering at Yankee stadium after the attacks.

didn't know Oprah was a religion.

Gopher

Well, she's an idol of the small screen.

P.C.

Speaking of kindness, is there the general feeling that people who are active church-go'ers are more kind than those who aren't?

I'm not saying that church goers aren't kind.....I'm just saying I don't think they are more kind, nor are there more of them.  Kindness is kindness.  I particularly like kindness that comes from the person's heart....as opposed to being kind because they're supposed to be.  That would include both church goers and non church goers.  

JJ

I picked dilence & kindness!