Free Office Software from IBM

Started by TehBorken, Sep 18 07 06:52

Previous topic - Next topic

TehBorken

[font style="font-family: Verdana;" size="2"]Hahahah, I bet the lamers at Microsoft are crapping in their pants right about now....
[/b][/font][hr style="width: 100%; height: 2px;"]IBM to offer free word processing, office software
LOS ANGELES (Reuters) - IBM on Monday said it would start offering free word processing and other office software, joining a growing group of companies with free applications challenging a core Microsoft Corp product.[span id="midArticle_byline"][/span][/p][span id="midArticle_0"][/span]       IBM plans to mount its most ambitious challenge in years to Microsoft's dominance of personal computer software, by offering free programs for word processing, spreadsheets and presentations.[/p] The company is announcing the desktop software, called I.B.M. Lotus Symphony, at an event today in New York. The programs will be available as free downloads from the I.B.M. Web site.[/p]Its offerings are versions of open-source software developed in a consortium called [a href="http://openoffice.org/" target="_"]OpenOffice.org[/a].
[/p][span id="midArticle_1"][/span]      
The real trouble with reality is that there's no background music.