The Bridezilla Strikes Again

Started by Lisa Maree, Mar 17 06 02:04

Previous topic - Next topic

Lisa Maree

Does anyone else find it unreasonable for a bride to dictate who you dance with at her wedding?  My best friend has decided that all the bridesmaids have to dance with the groomsmen to "That's What Friends are For".  I really don't want to dance, nevermind dance with a guy I've never met.  Is this something that people usually do at weddings?  Do you think it would be okay to tell her that I don't want to do this?

CK

I think that pretty much a normal tradition. Usually the dance after the first dance is like that. Mmmm, yeah, honesty rules all in the end. best of luck.

tenkani

I don't really know how common that practice is. Whenever someone starts to talk about weddings I tend to zone out...present company excluded of course    

If I was in your shoes I'd probably feel the same way. I guess I'd have to weigh my own uneasiness with the possible conflict that could ensue if I were to refuse to participate.

I'm honestly not sure which way I'd end up tipping, but good luck and I hope whatever you choose it turns out well for you!
For thou art with me; thy cream and thy sugar they comfort me
Thou preparest a carafe before me in the presence of Juan Valdez
Thou anointest my day with pep; my mug runneth over
Surely richness and taste shall follow me all the days of my life
And I will dwell in the house of coffee forever.

TehBorken

Tradition or not, it's probably best to let her know that you're just not comfortable with it.
The real trouble with reality is that there's no background music.

Adam_Fulford

If you don't want to, don't.  Simple.

tenkani

Howdy, Adam![/DIV]How's life, the career and everything??
For thou art with me; thy cream and thy sugar they comfort me
Thou preparest a carafe before me in the presence of Juan Valdez
Thou anointest my day with pep; my mug runneth over
Surely richness and taste shall follow me all the days of my life
And I will dwell in the house of coffee forever.

Lisa Maree

I think I have come to the conclusion that I am not going to do it and I'll let her know.  I had just never heard of this before.

cutezz

well it is the so called 'rule' and it is her wedding...I was at one wedding where the bride wanted this..but one of the girls said no...and left the poor guy standing all alone...

kitten

How much time will it take for one dance?  Is it worth throwing a damper on her big day?  It doesn't mean you are stuck with him for the evening.  I think it would be rather insulting to the bride and the groomsman.  How would you feel if it was you put in that position?  Be kind, it will be over in two or three minutes.
Thousands of years ago cats were worshipped.  They have not forgotten.