I'm considered a troll.....

Started by Lise, Sep 15 07 03:35

Previous topic - Next topic
|

Lise

Oh alright... it's discuss and cooking. google the two words together and you'll get the site.

EDIT: OK, my latest PM from the administrator. I think he got offended that I said, "I don't have time to read your rules" and he's like, "What? You mean you don't have time to read 3 mins of it?" And he's like going on and on about being mature and responsible adults and whatever. "Oh hell and damnation for you for adding your site (that makes money!) to the signature line. If you don't read the rules, there must be a steep price to pay!"

Then I said, "Sorry if I offend your little baby." And boy, did the crap ever hit the ceiling! LOL.

Well, it feels weird to know that I'm now officialy on their black list of posters to watch out for. I have now claimed too much of his time and not worth replying in the future. So in effect, I'm being snubbed out.

Who can blame me? I'm a troll!!!
Always end the name of your child with a vowel, so that when you yell the name will carry.
Bill Cosby.

P.C.

That's just too bizarre for words Lise.  (I'm still curious how Vera's wrist slashing, blood sucking avatar has slipped under the radar)

Anyways.....I registered, and only found a teeny blurb of a few really vague 'rules'.

Although the administrators and moderators of Discuss Cooking will attempt to keep all objectionable messages off this forum, it is impossible for us to review all messages. All messages express the views of the author, and neither the owners of Discuss Cooking, nor Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd. (developers of vBulletin) will be held responsible for the content of any message.

By agreeing to these rules, you warrant that you will not post any messages that are obscene, vulgar, sexually-oriented, hateful, threatening, or otherwise violative of any laws.

So I guess they will have to live without my recipe for Sex in a Pan.

Sir Isaac Newton invented the swinging door....for the convenience of his cat.

Lise

But see, that's the thing though... how can talking about McD as McPuke in violation of their rules? I don't see that. I've not talked about sex or religion or politics but when I talked about Britney, I've seemed to cross all the lines. It's just so weird.

Anyways, go and register and see what you make of it. It's a friendly forum and you do get good results but I can't believe the rules there. Stiffling.
Always end the name of your child with a vowel, so that when you yell the name will carry.
Bill Cosby.

P.C.

I wonder how you get around the rules if you want to talk about.........

Sportsdude

looked at the site. Interesting.
Where did you post your britney thread? In the off topic section? Usually off topic means off topic, heck I see an MSN thread on there.

You might just have a mod with a grunge against you. I've got one of those on this hockey site I go to. They're just a pain in the butt. Ignore them.

"We can't stop here. This is bat country."

Gopher

Lise wrote:
 I've not talked about sex or religion or politics but when I talked about Britney, I've seemed to cross all the lines. It's just so weird.

Have you tried talking about Ms Hilton yet? It would be interesting to see if she is they hold in the same bad odour as Britney Spears. She certainly should be, but then you never know.

A fool's paradise is better than none.

TehBorken

[font style="font-weight: bold;" size="5"]Translations:[/font]

[font face="Comic Sans MS"]Thanks for understanding all this.[br style="color: rgb(0, 0, 255);"][span style="font-family: Arial Narrow; font-weight: bold; color: rgb(0, 0, 255);"]"Thanks for doing what we tell you to do, or else. After all, I'm GOD, and this cooking forum is the the Most Important Thing In The Universe" [/span]

I know it sounds like we are Nazis, but I swear we aren't.
[/font][font face="Comic Sans MS"][span style="font-family: Arial Narrow; font-weight: bold; color: rgb(0, 0, 255);"]"We're Nazis and we know it, but I'm going to preemptively deny it anyway."[/span][/font]
[font face="Comic Sans MS"]
LOL. And in case I missed you before. Welcome! Its nice to see another Canadian here.[/font][font face="Comic Sans MS"][span style="font-family: Arial Narrow; font-weight: bold; color: rgb(0, 0, 255);"]
"Please don't leave, even though I just got done giving you shit because of our anal-retentive and idiotically puritanical standards."[/span][/font]  
The real trouble with reality is that there's no background music.

Michel

P.C.

If I can't talk about Jamie Oliver......forget it.

purelife

That's just insane Lise.  A PG site?  That mod has got to be kidding me.  Kids don't generally visit a cooking forum for "fun"  They're more into educational games or tree house tv.  

I just looked at that site and noticed someone using the word "danggit!"   Geepers!

wyk

I read about this over on the other forum, found it funny, and find it even funnier on this forum.  Say, I wonder if the admin of that cooking forum and mikeypoo are related?  Now that would be funny.  

Lise

ROTFL. You guys are so funny! I LOVE THE CHICKEN BREAST picture! And yes, if you post that picture up (even as a funny poke) they'll remove it at once. I'm not kidding.

No, you won't find Britney Spears there anywhere. Apparently it's taboo to even mention her name. The thread was remove within mins of being there because (I guess) ppl reported it as being highly inappropriate. Afterall, apparently children frequent the site so having Ms. Spears on a thread was not cool.

I don't understand why you would have a section about Off topics, Jokes and whatever then unable to post something about Britney? I thought that was the whole point of having an off site category.

The thread as I understand has been moved to their more 'mature' website. Can't remember what's it called but the admin suggest I go there to "play". Like I would wanna contribute to a site with mods/admin who think they're gods. (as TB pointed out)

By all means, register and see how far you can push the envelope. It would be interesting to see if you can get a reaction from them. Hehe.    
Bill Cosby.

P.C.

I wonder if Britany has any recipes.   Hmmmm

Lise

Sure... call it the Britney Spears Cake. See what happens.... you should totally try for it, PC and see if they'll pull it out. LOL.
Bill Cosby.

P.C.

We should discuss THIS too.

(Maybe that should be Posting in Hell's Kitchen)

(I still don't have my 'activation notice'.  I registered yesterday)

|