I'm considered a troll.....

Started by Lise, Sep 15 07 03:35

Previous topic - Next topic
|

Lise

ROTFL. Can you believe it? On one of the cooking site, I've gotten warnings about.....

(a) Using the word "puke" to refer to McDonald as McPuke. So in that sense I have to refrain from saying other words like 'crap', 'dang', 'damn', 'frack'......

One time I said, "That's one hell of way to pay" and the word "hell" was actually blanketed. LOL.

(b) I have been asked to change my signature line so I can't add my website to it. Not only that, I can't use certain quotes!

The two that I've been asked to remove:

[SPAN class=body][FONT face=Verdana size=2]I get no respect. The way my luck is running, if I was a politician I would be honest.[/FONT][/SPAN]

and

[SPAN class=body][FONT face=Verdana size=2]I'm at the age where food has taken the place of sex in my life. In fact, I've just had a mirror put over my kitchen table.[/FONT][/SPAN]

(c) I must never mention Britney Spears ever again. It was highly inappropriate for a 'family' website to talk about Ms. Spears. WTH?

The funniest part is the fact the moderators are talking about me as if I'm the lasted Moo bah or Green Giant troll that's come to invade their pristine and wonderful site. I got the PM by accident because I don't think it was meant for me to read it.

Well, at any rate, I don't know if I want to really belong to that forum. After being through DV, DATW and DS (which in my opinion is probably the best forum in the world and I keep returning to TehBorken like a long lost lover), everything else seem like a walk in the park.

If you're interested to know what forum I was in, PM me and I'll let you know.    
Always end the name of your child with a vowel, so that when you yell the name will carry.
Bill Cosby.

P.C.

You've got to be kidding me.  

How dare they pick on our Lise.   Lemme at em...lemme at em.  [img style="CURSOR: pointer" onclick=url(this.src); src="http://www.cheesebuerger.de/images/smilie/frech/n080.gif" border=0]

What the H kind of forum requires your birthday as the first thing on the list when you are registering ?  It's none of their bizwhacks. [img style="CURSOR: pointer" onclick=url(this.src); src="http://www.cheesebuerger.de/images/smilie/frech/c055.gif" border=0]  
Sir Isaac Newton invented the swinging door....for the convenience of his cat.

P.C.

And yet they're OK with Vera's avatar of a goth gal sucking the blood out of her slashed wrist ?  

Russ

LOL! I cant consider you a troll miss lise..

Go git em gurl!

PS.. want me to be a troll?
Mercy to the Guilty is Torture to the Victims

P.C.

Hey Lise......here's a little smilie you can try there.

purelife

Russ wrote:

[div style="font-style: italic;"] [/div] PS.. want me to be a troll?
[hr style="width: 100%; height: 2px;"]
Gosh, yes, dressed in tux.  (I had to answer for Lise since she's not here at the moment. )

Lise

Hehe! You guys are sooo funny! I should write down the link here and ask you lot to troll all over their website. Actually, I should link it to DATW members and ask them for their aid. I'm sure they can be persuaded to be more colorful.

Heck, if SD is around, I'm sure he can bombard the board with lots and lots of statistics! Do it for me, SD!!!!
Always end the name of your child with a vowel, so that when you yell the name will carry.
Bill Cosby.

Lise

Well, ok, got a reply back. Wanna see...?     [FONT face="Comic Sans MS"]Whoops! Sorry! I've been away from the computer for quite some time today. I didn't mean to ignore you. As for me, the McPuke thing was not against any rules of ours, it was just starting to irritate a few folks and I was getting some comments about it. So, I sent a rather hasty PM asking you to stop. And as for the Britney Spears thing...well, you should SEE some of the threads about her that we have had to remove in past. We found its better just to keep her off the boards altogether.

As for your sig line, I am not sure what kitchenelf has told you, so I will just say that we keep this site PG. We have quite a number of young chefs aboard and we try to keep any sexual references off the boards. Was that it? You are allowed a link in your signature as long as it doesn't lead to a site that profits from hits or is a sales site. Does that cover it? You might want to check the time that PM was sent to you, its possible that it was sent before you made your edits to your sig line.

Thanks for understanding all this. I know it sounds like we are Nazis, but I swear we aren't. LOL. And in case I missed you before. Welcome! Its nice to see another Canadian here.[/FONT]  
Bill Cosby.

P.C.

You guys are sooo funny! I should write down the link here and ask you lot to troll all over their website. Actually, I should link it to DATW members and ask them for their aid. I'm sure they can be persuaded to be more colorful.

Maybe you could post a link on DV.  

Lise

Well, OK... now I'm really under the gun. For some reason, discussing why I hate McPuke is also not an option. I wrote to say explain why I don't like it because McPuke is a big giant corporation who likes to squash littlel ppl. That was a big no-no.

The head big guy wrote back (a long letter) to say that I should read the forum policies. In other words, I should have known what the rules are when I signed up as a member. Forgive me but I don't go around reading every letter of every single forum that I visit! Geeez.

So for now, I'm not able to discuss Britney Spears, politics and religion. In other words, if I don't like their rules, I can pissed off. Then he goes on and on to say how 'neutral' they have to be and how they have to fight to keep the peace. Wow! You'd think I pull the worst heinous crime on their pristine forum ever!

On top of it, this kitchenelf administrator went on and on to say that they're responsible adults with real jobs and real families... I mean, WTH? Did I attack them personally for posting the Britney Spears thread? And that's just the one thread. Imagine what would have happened if I kept saying Britney is my idol.

Oh wow. I can't believe the people on this forum. Ah... nevermind, I think I'll stick to a more level and realistic forum.
Bill Cosby.

Sportsdude

lol... funniest thing evar.
give me a sec to find fast food stats corelating with obesity. ;)

"We can't stop here. This is bat country."

Lise

Sportsdude wrote:
lol... funniest thing evar.
give me a sec to find fast food stats corelating with obesity. ;)

Anytime, Mr. SD! Bring on as much stats as you can so we can clog up their system!
Bill Cosby.

Ace

PM me that site!  They need a quick trolling for exhibiting such silly behaviour...  
The bitterness of poor quality is remembered long after the sweetness of low price has faded from memory

TehBorken

Lise wrote:
[div style="font-style: italic;"]ROTFL. Can you believe it? On one of the cooking site, I've gotten warnings about.....[/div]   (a) Using the word "puke" to refer to McDonald as McPuke. So in that sense I have to refrain from saying other words like 'crap', 'dang', 'damn', 'frack'......

LOL!! Of ALL the people I can think of who could possibly be labeled a "troll", you're so far down the list it isn't even funny.

They actually dinged you for saying "frack" and "dang"? Geeeez, those people got a stick up their butts the size of a telephone pole.
The real trouble with reality is that there's no background music.

Russ

so...

< taps foot impatiently>

linky?
Mercy to the Guilty is Torture to the Victims

|