The Inspiration Thread

Started by Gopher, Sep 12 07 12:02

Previous topic - Next topic

Gopher

Somewhere for us to record the things that inspire us.
A fool's paradise is better than none.

P.C.

I'm not sure how to say this without sounding like a total drip.  But here goes.

I'm always inspired by nature.  And if you've become complacent about the big picture.....start looking at the little things.  Like how a spider rolls up his web the day before a rain, or watching bees going from flower to flower.  They're so busy.....always busy.  I like watching the pattern that the waves make on the sand when they ebb.

Watching a dogs 'expressions' when they are playing with their masters in the park always makes me happy .......to see how eager they are to please.... they seem to have some inside knowledge about friendship.  

On a more mudane level, a day of organizing always makes me feel creative.
Sir Isaac Newton invented the swinging door....for the convenience of his cat.

purelife

My guy called me this morning (but I missed the call) telling me that I'm gorgeous and that he loves me. :)))  It was a nice romantic surprise.

I feel happy and inspired.

Michel

P.C.

Nice purelife.

I'm curious as to what kind of inspiration Gophie is seeking.  Ispiration to do what ?  Are you lacking in motivation or inspiration.  After my last lengthy post, I started to wonder.

purelife

I probably didn't give a correct inspirational answer.  Hope you don't mind, Gophie.

Michel

Sportsdude

i get inspiration from music and reading history books about movements and such and ideas.

I wouldn't call that inspiration pl more of "made my day category and you become super happy about the day and life etc."

oh gosh I'm sounding like I'm in sociology class. lol
"We can't stop here. This is bat country."

Gopher

P.C. wrote:
 I'm not sure how to say this without sounding like a total drip.  But here goes.

I'm always inspired by nature.  And if you've become complacent about the big picture.....start looking at the little things.  Like how a spider rolls up his web the day before a rain, or watching bees going from flower to flower.  They're so busy.....always busy.  I like watching the pattern that the waves make on the sand when they ebb.

Watching a dogs 'expressions' when they are playing with their masters in the park always makes me happy .......to see how eager they are to please.... they seem to have some inside knowledge about friendship.  

On a more mudane level, a day of organizing always makes me feel creative. ...........

PC I should kiss you for this, but as I can't, you'll have to make do with a  cyber blessing.

P.C.

A cyber kiss wouldn't hurt any either.  [img style="CURSOR: pointer" onclick=url(this.src); src="http://www.cheesebuerger.de/images/more/bigs/c032.gif" border=0]

I suppose inspiration comes to each of us differently.....but nature never fails me.  There's a world of beauty out there....sometimes it's easy to miss it when we get wrapped up in our woes.

Gopher

You're so right and it really ISthe little things:

Crush not the fragile flowers

In over-zealous passion,

For love with haste may overlook

The spelndour of the leaves -

And love of flowers just deceives.

And love of ostenation is

A thing without perception,

Not understanding

Seeing only obvious being.

Hidden 'neath the trumpet blast,

The drums, the fire, the screaming,

Hides the beauty unseen yet -

And worldy eyes with ease forget.      

P.C.

That's beauty-ful Gophie.  [img style="CURSOR: pointer" onclick=url(this.src); src="http://www.cheesebuerger.de/images/smilie/traurig/a005.gif" border=0]

[img style="CURSOR: pointer" onclick=url(this.src); src="http://www.cheesebuerger.de/images/more/bigs/a194.gif" border=0]

Gopher

Compliment accepted with the deepest gratitude.

P.C.

Did YOU write that Gophie ?

Gopher