Holy Water Verboten On Airplanes

Started by TehBorken, Aug 31 07 05:45

Previous topic - Next topic

TehBorken

That's right, even holy water from the Vatican is banned, because of teh terrorists!!!

"
The passengers on board the Vatican's first flight to Lourdes may have been pilgrims in search of spiritual healing, but they still had to obey anti-terrorism rules, it has emerged, after several of them had their holy water confiscated.
[p class="story2"]The Vatican's new service, a Boeing 737 painted in yellow-and-white papal livery, took off from Rome's Fiumicino airport on Monday, serving swordfish canapes to 148 pilgrims reclining on headrests stamped with the message: "I search for your face, oh Lord". [/p][p class="story2"]While the outward journey was smooth, turbulence struck on the return when anti-terror rules were strictly applied by the French police. [/p][p class="story2"]No bottles containing more than 100ml of liquid were allowed on board unless checked in, meaning passengers were forced give up the holy water they had just collected at Lourdes."[/p][p class="story2"][a  href="http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/main.jhtml?xml=/news/2007/08/29/wvatican129.xml"]Full story link...[/a][/p](Lol, CAPTCHA says "disarm" :)
The real trouble with reality is that there's no background music.

Lil Me

Funny stuff.

But SERIOUSLY, why would any kind of water be exempt from regulations?
"In the absence of clearly-defined goals, we become strangely loyal to performing daily trivia until ultimately we become enslaved by it."  Robert Heinlein

Gopher

It's all a ploy so that you will be forced to buy your drinks on the plane - and thereby inflate the profits of the airlines.  
A fool's paradise is better than none.

kitten

Gopher, would you like to spell check that last post?  I don't think that's quite what you meant to say.  Freudian slip?
Thousands of years ago cats were worshipped.  They have not forgotten.

Gopher

kitten wrote:
 Gopher, would you like to spell check that last post?  I don't think that's quite what you meant to say.  Freudian slip?

LOL, I'm just about to change dinks to drinks! Well-spotted, Kitten

kitten

Of course, if they found a way to manufacture them they would surely sell them at the airpost.

Gopher

Sure would - but as it is the hostesses have to tout them to the passengers.

kitten

Perhaps they could have a small fitting room on the plane.

Gopher

I always thought they had two.

kitten

You're right.  I haven't flown in so long I had forgotten.

Gopher

Yes, they've got all sorts of new-fangled conveniences these days.

kitten

So they've progressed beyond the DC3, have they?

Gopher

kitten

We have digressed from the topic, haven't we!!!

Lise

That IS funny. LOL. I guess the demons on the plane will have something to celebrate about. No holy water indeed. Next time you know they'll outlaw the toilet water.
Always end the name of your child with a vowel, so that when you yell the name will carry.
Bill Cosby.