The Smart Car is Finally Here

Started by 49er, Aug 16 07 11:00

Previous topic - Next topic

49er

Some 20,000 people have placed down deposits for the car.. [A href="http://sfgate.com/cgi-bin/article.cgi?f=/c/a/2007/08/17/SMART.TMP"]http://sfgate.com/cgi-bin/article.cgi?f=/c/a/2007/08/17/SMART.TMP[/A]

Sportsdude

bout time!
where do I sign up.

"We can't stop here. This is bat country."

49er

Go see your nearest Mercedes dealer

Sportsdude

eck, nevermind then, they're too stuck up.  

purelife

Those SmartCars have been out here for a few years now, I think.  My friend owns one and I went in a drive with him in it.  I have to say that I felt very unsafe in that mini vehicle.  It needs better shocks.  There was wayyyyyyyy too much space on the front dash.  If there was an accident, that person would just fly to the end of the windshield and crack against the glass!  

Lise

Yeah. I wouldn't feel safe in those puppies. They're cut though but where the heck am I gonna put my stroller?

I've seen them buzzing around downtown. It's ok for those cars to go downtown but when you're out in Langley or Surrey (and caught in a snow storm) how would those cars fare going up and down the hill.

On the plus side, you can park in the bicycle stand!
Always end the name of your child with a vowel, so that when you yell the name will carry.
Bill Cosby.

49er

yea, just imagine getting rear ended on the freeway when there are cars stopped in front of you.....but then thats what everyone were saying when the Honda Accord was first introduced in America

P.C.

I feel really offended when one of those little buggers passes me.

I think they're great for zipping around in the city....but frankly I wouldn't feel safe in one on the freeway.
Sir Isaac Newton invented the swinging door....for the convenience of his cat.

Sportsdude

that's what they're for though, the city. They're city cars and kei cars.  

Russ

I see lots on the highways.

I actually saw one on my way from Hope to Cache Creek. Thats not a nice easy stretch of highway. I cant imagine someone running one of those on there, to each his/her own I guess.

My inner child really wants me to drive over one of those in my lifted truck.
Mercy to the Guilty is Torture to the Victims