HOW TO DO WEB PAGE

Started by Michel, Aug 15 07 01:49

Previous topic - Next topic
|

Michel

As Tehborken said, there's no way to stop users from getting your images. There's a jvascript that disables the "right click/save image as" command, but that's useless when all you have to is hit the print screen key to copy the image to the clipboard and paste it into an image editor.

Yeah, not sure however if you can do that if you need to keep the mouse pointer on the thumbnail to make the image appear in large format. As I said to the borken, I'll try to copy next time I found a website protected in this way.

Michel

...and if it is just for your  familly, friends and colleagues maybe what you can do is give the URL of your web-site only to them and put a robot.txt file in all your web-site folders (usually in the public_html folder) it cannot be searched by Google, Yahoo, etc.

My contacts can already be reached by email, so it's not really a problem, although it could be fastidious and worse, ephemeral. And I would like the website to be searchable by google and others to get more contacts from the web community.

TehBorken

Lise wrote:
I'm wondering if anyone knows anything about watermarks using Photoshop? How does one do it?

Here's a good tutorial on it:

[a href="http://www.all-things-photography.com/add-a-watermark.html"]http://www.all-things-photography.com/add-a-watermark.html[/a]

The real trouble with reality is that there's no background music.

TehBorken

Michel wrote:
[div style="font-style: italic;"]Yeh Lise understand what I'm talking about. That's what I dreamed of : being able to post an amazing pic with good resolution without allowing anybody to use it for any commercial purpose.[/div]
 It's impossible.

Michel

*sigh*

Oh well as long as MR everybody doesn't know how to go further then the right click mouse...

Still I'm curious, I'll really try the print screen trick next time I find a protected website.

Michel

Hey thanks for the tutorial link, will be useful.

Michel

Oh my god you guys are right, that was even more easy than I thought. Just had to copy the adress on the image, and it works despite the message when I tried to copy with right click mouse. I was able also to paste in Photoshop. The quality of the pic is not very good but I think it's because the resolution of the original posted is bad too.

(edited by TB)

TehBorken

No offense Michel, but this is likely to cause trouble. I edited your post to remove the picture.

I mean, really- bragging about stealing an image is one thing, but bragging about it, and posting it here by linking it from the original site with the copyright clearly visible in the image is pushing the limit of what the author is going to be okay with, don't you think?

Michel

Yeah I thought about that only after I posted it. Thanks for editing. Actually the entire thread unfortunately give tricks to newbies like me how to copy copyright stuff. Kind of counterproductive in a way since it was not my intention.  

Michel

I have cut and paste all the useful nformations for futher research, you can delete the entire thread if you want, it's ok with me.  

Munra!

A Flash gallery would be a solution, but then again anyone could screen cap your images.

Nice words you have to type into the anti-spam field. Barfed, Tranny.... lol

Michel

A Flash gallery would be a solution, but then again anyone could screen cap your images

Interesting, that was (and still will probably stay) my initial plan. As long as it is a deterrent to newbies. After all, this is not Fort Knox we're talking about. lol

Munra, do you know any shareware or program that allow to do that ?

Yeah the choice of words by the bot is quite strange, I think he "recognized" me lol

|