HOW TO DO WEB PAGE

Started by Michel, Aug 15 07 01:49

Previous topic - Next topic

Michel

www://hot_for_pl_6969.com, can it be more original ? lol  

purelife

Did you know that the numbers 6 and 9 are divisible by 3 and 3 is symbolic for trinity?!  ;)

69 is sin i tell ya!

Hey foobar!

[FONT size=2]shortcuts: hit alt+s to submit/post or alt+p to preview
[/FONT] [TABLE bgColor=#ffffdd border=1] [TBODY] [TR] [TD align=middle colSpan=2][SMALL]Anti-Spam Bot-Stopper
Please type the text below into this field[/SMALL][/TD][/TR] [TR] [TD align=middle] [STYLE type=text/css]    TD.at_r1 (vertical-align:bottom;)    [/STYLE]  [TABLE cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 border=0] [TBODY] [TR] [TD][/TD] [TD class=at_r1 rowSpan=2]ba[/TD] [TD][/TD][/TR] [TR] [TD]foo[/TD] [TD]r[/TD][/TR][/TBODY][/TABLE][/TD] [TD][INPUT type=hidden value=394cefc7ea80c8f4c53d061620df6ebf name=sauce_check][INPUT size=10 value=foobar name=sauce][/TD][/TR][/TBODY][/TABLE][INPUT accessKey=s onclick="return scheck(); return submitThisOnce(this);" tabIndex=3 type=submit value=Save name=post] [INPUT accessKey=p onclick="return (typeof(document.postmodify.attachmentPreview) == "undefined" || !document.postmodify.attachmentPreview.value || confirm('You will have to reattach any attachments, continue with preview?')) && submitThisOnce(this);" tabIndex=4 type=submit value=Preview name=preview][img id=fetchSessionTemp alt="" src="http://discoverseattle.net/forums/Themes/default/images/blank.gif"]

Michel

I love to sin, but aint good at maths !  

Hobbit

Do you know the metric conversion of 69?

One eight one.  
-Hobbit
Make everyday a day worth living

Lise

Eeeow. Why do I still keep coming in here? Why not just change the entire thread to Michel's Dirty World. You do the talking and I'll do the jiggling.
Always end the name of your child with a vowel, so that when you yell the name will carry.
Bill Cosby.

purelife

Jiggling?  or Juggling?

Lise

Jiggle. Jiggle. Jiggle. Let your imagination roam purelife.....
Always end the name of your child with a vowel, so that when you yell the name will carry.
Bill Cosby.

Michel

Eeeow. Why do I still keep coming in here? Why not just change the entire thread to Michel's Dirty World. You do the talking and I'll do the jiggling.

hehehe because you're as bad as me... hehehe[/DIV]

Hobbit

Birds of a feather flock together... Maybe this thread should just be called 'All Internet Perverts in Here Please.' :)

As an aside, I don't understand why if you're a registered user you still have to type that annoying anti-spambot stopper code each time you post.
-Hobbit
Make everyday a day worth living

wyk

Michel wrote:
...If you ever know a one day course for rookie in Van, just tell me. The boss pay and it give me the chance to be out of here for one day...

As for taking classes, it sounds like your best bet is the continuing education department at a college.  I checked UBC, but they don't seem to have a basic web-site design class going, but I could be wrong.  Anyhoo, here's a couple colleges to check out:

VCC:

[A href="http://www.vcc.ca/cs/details.cfm?area=CSCOMPUTER#CMPT1173"]http://www.vcc.ca/cs/details.cfm?area=CSCOMPUTER#CMPT1173[/A]

[A href="http://www.vcc.ca/cs/details.cfm?area=CSCOMPUTER#CMPT1114"]http://www.vcc.ca/cs/details.cfm?area=CSCOMPUTER#CMPT1114[/A]

Langara:

[A href="http://www.langara.bc.ca/cs/programs/WEBP.html#INET1066"]http://www.langara.bc.ca/cs/programs/WEBP.html#INET1066[/A]

To design my web-pages I use Microsoft Front Page and Dreamweaver MX 2004. They do cost money but the results are great.

Another thing you can do to design your web-page--it is kind of sneaky, but a friend of mine said it is done all the time--is when you see a web-page you really like you can do File then Edit with Microsoft Front Page or do File then Save As webpage, complete which will save all the CSS, graphics, HTML and stuff for that page and use whatever web-page design program you have to edit the web-page to make it the way you like it for yourself.

As far as I am aware, one cannot "prevent" copying of pictures or images from the intranet.  Even if you can't do the right click and "save picture as" you can do the "print screen" and paste to a photo editing program like Paint (which comes with every Windows OS program.  

Once your picture or video gets out there in cyberspace it is a free for all, and I think it is pointless to think about who is stealing what and copyright issues.  Maybe one thing to do is select only those images you are okay with the world "stealing" and let people know if they want more to contact you directly or set up your web-page that people need to be a member or something in order to be able to view the images.

Good luck!  

Michel

[p class="MsoNormal"][span lang="FR-CA"]Thanks a lot wyk for all those valuable informations. I'll try to find a one day course in these colleges, otherwise I'll just do the File as webpage trick to modify it heavily after. Hence I'll learn by myself and then I can begin from scratch later. I have an old copy of Webexpert somewhere, wonder if this can do the job? I used it only once or twice for tex only at work, many years ago. Maybe a book from the dummies series would be helpful (I think I saw one once on web pages).[/span][/p]  [p class="MsoNormal"][span lang="FR-CA"][!--[if !supportEmptyParas]--] [o:p][/o:p][/span][/p]  [span style="font-size: 12pt; font-family: "Times New Roman";" lang="FR-CA"]I never heard about the print screen and paste trick. I'll try that to see if it (unfortunately) works when I'll see a well protected site where you can only make the pic larger by keeping the mouse on the thumbnail.

Otherwise, I might have to resort to a deterrent à la Istock but it's not fun me think.

[/span]  

wyk

The VCC classes are one days, on Saturday I think.

I'd get a book that told me how to use a particular web design program rather than try to tinker with CSS, HTML, or XML.  For example, I use Dreamweaver and FrontPage so I have books that tell me how to use them.  Check your local library or even on Amazon.ca for cheapies.  You are right the Dummies would be good.  I also like the Teach Yourself Visually books.

That picture you posted, that is a very good way to prevent your images from being lifted.  Yeah, it may not be "nice" but it does work!    

P.C.

That's true.....it certainly stops 'theft'....but from a personal point of view ?  I can't be bothered with such sites.  As soon as I see this, I move on.  If it's your goal to post beautiful pics....that's the quickest way to ruin them.  
Sir Isaac Newton invented the swinging door....for the convenience of his cat.

Munra!

Michel wrote:
LOL, Lise I tought I was clear but my English been soso... I'm talking about pictures I took here. I don't want any of my pics to be used for free, hence forbidding people who try to make a living or hope to make a living from photography to lose some potential customers (not very serious customers I must agree).

Set watermarks to your pictures, just like gettyimages or any other stock photography website do.

Example:

Munra!

Should have read the end of this thread. Sorry! That solution has already been posted!  

|