Be a good citizen and spy on your neighbor

Started by TehBorken, Mar 15 06 07:02

Previous topic - Next topic

TehBorken

Spy on your neighbor and rat 'em out- it's the [span style="font-style: italic; font-weight: bold;"]patriotic [/span]thing to do!
[hr style="width: 100%; height: 2px;"][img style="width: 248px; height: 190px;" src="http://us.news3.yimg.com/us.i2.yimg.com/p/afp/20060303/capt.sge.rdj90.030306192316.photo00.photo.default-384x294.jpg?x=380&y=290&sig=0w8AE7dY7BJRsFweHAdkFQ--"]
POLICE CALL ON CITIZENS TO WATCH SPY CAMS; REPORT WRONGDOING
Wed Mar 15 2006 08:47:21 ET

The East Orange, NJ Police Department is getting ready to greatly enlarge its ranks, with what's being called the "Virtual Community Patrol."

Soon-to-be-chosen residents will get access to a a Web site that provides panoramic views of their block, allows them to type in general complaints, pinpoint a problem location, immediately send that information to police headquarters, and simultaneously activate hidden police surveillance cameras, Police Director Jose Cordero said.

The "Virtual Community Patrol" will be the first such project of its kind in the nation, reports the STAR-LEDGER.

For example, an individual might see suspicious drug activity around a parked car, get on the Internet, type in a brief description of what's happening, use a cursor to pinpoint the trouble spot on one of six neighborhood still pictures that pop up, then transmit that information to the police command communications center, he said.
[hr style="width: 100%; height: 2px;"]
The real trouble with reality is that there's no background music.

perpetual

I already spy on my neighbours with the zoom feature on my digicamera....unfortunately...no hawt people....or everyone has their blinds drawn...I could dance nekkid in front of my window and no one would notice...