Real...or Not Real

Started by P.C., Aug 11 07 12:01

Previous topic - Next topic

P.C.

weird al !!!  How nice to see you.

Yea....well see....that's the problem....my cat thinks every other animal IS meat.  He took down a Golden retriever.  It wasn't pretty, and the poor dog has had a complex ever since and my cat's ego is over inflated.
Sir Isaac Newton invented the swinging door....for the convenience of his cat.

Sportsdude

lol sounds like the late Angel on other animals. Tigger is animal friendly along with Ozzie but when Angel was living, lol you couldn't get them within 10ft of each other or Angel would attack, hiss, and swat at with her paw even though she was declawed.  
"We can't stop here. This is bat country."

P.C.

Yea....I think the poor little guy has issues from his life before coming to live at Chateaux P.C.  (He's adopted you know [img style="CURSOR: pointer" onclick=url(this.src); src="http://www.cheesebuerger.de/images/more/bigs/a143.gif" border=0]  )  

He doesn't just get fiesty when a dog is near....he will come out of nowhere....full tilt.... and attack.  And he will NOT LET GO.  Then he's wayyyy back to square one with his attitude lessons for the next few days.    

P.C.

So here's another social dilemma.

Somebody comes to visit, and presents you with 'something'......for example.....guest says "We found these really cool _______(fill in the blank) when were at this funky little shop and we had to buy one.....we picked up one for you, because we knew you'd love it".

Do you say....OMG...how thoughtful of you! THANK YOU!  (and accept it as a gift)?

Or do you say.....OMG...how thoughtful of you....how much do we owe you?  

Sportsdude

do the thank you and accept it as a gift.

oh dear, poor kitty cat. My friends cat is a super super super fat cat, looks like its going to explode. He was picked up in the flood of '93 floating on a piece of floating debris. The cat is scared of its shadow.

Lise

Gracious, PC. I would give my dog's balding spot to see your cat in action.

As for the 'thoughtful' gift-thing. I'm clueless. Nobody has ever given me anything like that out of the blues. Waaaah... maybe my friends are cheap.
Always end the name of your child with a vowel, so that when you yell the name will carry.
Bill Cosby.

Sportsdude

nothing wrong with cheap friends. You've got to be 'cheap' in a funny way though.  

P.C.

lol Lise...your dogs balding spot [img style="CURSOR: pointer" onclick=url(this.src); src="http://www.cheesebuerger.de/images/more/bigs/c008.gif" border=0]  

weird al

P.C. wrote:
   Or do you say.....OMG...how thoughtful of you....how much do we owe you?

Tough one all right. Whatever they brought you, well, you'd already have one if you needed it right?

So if you don't have whatever it is, you don't need it, so therefore it has to be free to you, or it's worse than useless. Anyway, it's probably best to assume any unsolicited gift is free. If you're wrong, that's the last time you'll ever have to think about it.

Maybe keep a bunch of those little Chinese puzzles on hand for a handy little thoughtful payback :)  

P.C.

Excellent analysis weird al.  (you'd think I was a social cripple with all these questions).  I'm mostly curious about how others deal with these things.  But I'd have to say, your viewpoint on this is a good one.

weird al

Reminds me of these people I knew in Sask.

These two families would alternate having the other family over for dinner every week or two.

Anyway, the family whose turn it was got bogged down with work and whatnot, and when they finally remembered, "Oh jeez, we gotta invite the Whatsits over for dinner", it turns out the Whatsits had won a major lottery two days previous.

Friendship over :(

P.C.

[img style="CURSOR: pointer" onclick=url(this.src); src="http://www.cheesebuerger.de/images/more/bigs/a096.gif" border=0]....and the moral of the story is ?......don't take social 'obligations' lightly, and don't take your friends for granted ?

weird al

P.C. wrote:
 [img style="CURSOR: pointer" onclick=url(this.src); src="http://www.cheesebuerger.de/images/more/bigs/a096.gif" border=0]....and the moral of the story is ?......don't take social 'obligations' lightly, and don't take your friends for granted ?

"Money makes friends...

...and money breaks friends..."

P.C.

Yipes....I'm so glad I'm not rich. [img style="CURSOR: pointer" onclick=url(this.src); src="http://www.cheesebuerger.de/images/more/bigs/c028.gif" border=0]

Sportsdude

being rich is overrated.  

|