Real...or Not Real

Started by P.C., Aug 11 07 12:01

Previous topic - Next topic

Jerry Springer show

I just wanted to clear my name.  Just wanted the whole misunderstanding to clear up. i hope you will understand and we can be friends.

P.C.

I haven't thought anything negative toward you at all.  I wish you the best of luck.  [img style="CURSOR: pointer" onclick=url(this.src); src="http://www.cheesebuerger.de/images/smilie/froehlich/c020.gif" border=0]
Sir Isaac Newton invented the swinging door....for the convenience of his cat.

JSS

I am directing at he:

whom I still have a hard time believing what he has done
whom I still love
who was not sure how i felt and asked dozens of people for opinions
who I truly love but don't know how to stop our battle, or has it turned to cold war?
who I was always unsure how he felt until recently...
who has hurt me
whom I have hurt
whom I used to tickle at the waist
who gave me a handset as a souvenir
whom I gave key chains to
who sat on my left when we watched Titanic in cinema
did not pay for my filet-o-fish either after the movie
Sat on my left again we watched it again in his home and
got me a bowl of chocolates this time.
who used to be a punctual, idealistic, creative and spontaneous guy with morals
did not know that I was scared at the cat that followed us to a trail entrance
ordered and paid for my filet-o-fish through drive-thru years after titanic
did not shake but held my hand while I held his
did not know which side to walk on when we were walking to a parking lot
who I told him many times that I was not ready and he then
did things that seemed very out of his character
whom I got mad and confused with
who got mad at me
whom I have the hardest time to let go of not because 'you' chose to turn
things sour, but because it felt so out of 'his' character...... or have I never
known him?

Brainstormed.

JSS

P.C.

Listen....I was trying really hard not to be rude.....but your posts are very confusing.  Who ARE you talking to ?  I thought I had it figured out, but I'm lost all over again.

JSS

Thanks for your help PC, but if I post names here, it's bad for everyone.  And we are strangers.
PC, even if I tell you who this person is, his name, address and everything, what can you or we do about his suddenly stealing my ideas and used them as his own?  

JSS

I was partially talking to you, partially to anyone reading this.  I don't know how many people or who are reading this thing here, so I apologize for the way I wrote.  

P.C.

So....the next 'social dilemma'.

What are your guidelines for cancelling a dinner invitation.  From both sides.  

You've invited guests for dinner.  You toss aside your normal days activities to shop...(purchasing food that you might likely not purchase).....spend the day making the house 'company tidy'.....prepping, fussing etc.  Dinner's at 7.  You get a call at 6:30 saying "we're really bagged tonight, we think we're going to pass"  

What do you say, when you get that call ?

OR....You've invited guests....but by 4:00, you realize that you're really not up for company.....

Do you suck it up and do the dinner.....or do you phone and say your uncle just died.

Sportsdude

Hmm I'd go ahead and cook the dinner and play a board game with the significant other/watch a movie etc. (if its a couples dinner).

Try to turn it into a good night.

"We can't stop here. This is bat country."

purelife

If I was really feeling sick, then I would cancel the planned party.  I have to be extremely sick to do such a thing because I hate cancelling plans.  I feel so guilty and so bad for cancelling something that I planned for or promised to attend.  I don't like letting down people.

P.C.

That's a given.  

But do you say anything to the 'last minute cancellers'?  Are you gun-shy to invite them again?

*snicker

[TABLE bgColor=#ffffdd border=1] [TBODY] [TR] [TD align=middle colSpan=2][SMALL]Anti-Spam Bot-Stopper
Please type the text below into this field[/SMALL][/TD][/TR] [TR] [TD align=middle] [STYLE type=text/css]    TD.at_r1 (vertical-align:bottom;)    [/STYLE]   [TABLE cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 border=0] [TBODY] [TR] [TD][/TD] [TD class=at_r1 rowSpan=2]dl[/TD] [TD][/TD][/TR] [TR] [TD]poo[/TD] [TD]e[/TD][/TR][/TBODY][/TABLE][/TD] [TD][INPUT size=10 value=poodle name=sauce][/TD][/TR][/TBODY][/TABLE]

[img id=fetchSessionTemp alt="" src="http://discoverseattle.net/forums/Themes/default/images/blank.gif"]  

P.C.

Oops...that last post was in response to SD.

Me too purelife.  I have to be in crawling mode to cancel if I was the invitER.  Do you find people are less concerned about these types of 'commitments' now?

Sportsdude

Well if it was me, I'm pretty easy going and yeah I'd invite them again. But if they do it again. Well SD gets in his car and drives over to see what's up. ;)

"We can't stop here. This is bat country."

purelife

Sorry, forgot to answer the other question, PC.

If it was the first time the couple cancelled the event on me, then I'd let it pass.  If it happens again, I probably wouldn't invite them as much again.  I woudn't have my hopes up too much either.  If they cancelled, they have to have a pretty good darn reason to.  I'm a pretty understanding person in the first place if they told the truth.

purelife

P.C. wrote:
Oops...that last post was in response to SD.

Me too purelife.  I have to be in crawling mode to cancel if I was the invitER.  [span style="font-style: italic; background-color: rgb(255, 255, 128);"]Do you find people are less concerned about these types of 'commitments' now?[/span]
[hr style="width: 100%; height: 2px;"]YES!  For sure.  At my company, I belong to the Sports Committee where we organize events for our company to attend.  Basically, our company gives our committee a budget every year and we spend the money.  (oh so fun!)  Anyways, our last event that we planned was a baseball game.  For a value of $26, it included a baseball game and a BBQ buffet.  All the employee and guest(s) had to pay was $5 and the company covered the rest.  Good deal, right?!  

Anyways, people were cancelling at the last minute saying "oh, I just don't feel like it...or, I don't know if we're going to go...or, it's only 5 dollars!!!!"  I was just pissed when they said "oh, it's only $5!!"  The company loses money for each person because we had already paid Nat Bailey Stadium the money for 100 people in advance.  So, I sent an email out to everyone in the company helping them understand that the company loses money for you not attending and that our committee has put so much effort in organizing this.

People these days don't care about committments.  It doesn't mean much anymore.  (generally speaking)

|