Real...or Not Real

Started by P.C., Aug 11 07 12:01

Previous topic - Next topic

purelife

Sportsdude wrote:
being rich is overrated.  
[hr style="width: 100%; height: 2px;"]How so?

Sportsdude

it doesn't bring you happiness and rich people tend to believe this. The big house void of love, usually the husband is cheating on the wife. It all comes crashing down sooner or later. I've seen big homes sprout up people move in and then about a year or two later its up for sale. Husband used the first wife as a starter wife.
Honestly rich people aren't happy. I see it everyday. They're miserable. If they were happy they wouldn't be leaving their giant homes in neighbourhoods that aren't neighbourhoods (nobody talks to anyone) at 4am in the morning.

"We can't stop here. This is bat country."

P.C.

OK....'question' #3 got buried...and I want to hear more opinions on it, so I'm unburying it.

So here's another social dilemma.

Somebody comes to visit, and presents you with 'something'......for example.....guest says "We found these really cool _______(fill in the blank) when were at this funky little shop and we had to buy one.....we picked up one for you, because we knew you'd love it".

Do you say....OMG...how thoughtful of you! THANK YOU!  (and accept it as a gift)?

Or do you say.....OMG...how thoughtful of you....how much do we owe you?[/DIV]
Sir Isaac Newton invented the swinging door....for the convenience of his cat.

purelife

I would say thank you for the gift and thoughtfulness.

When I give out the out-of-the-blue kinda gifts, I never ask for money because it's a gift.  And these people who have received them have never asked me "how much?"  It's the way I present the gift and the way I say it that assures them that it's a "free" keeper.

I usually know by the way a friend hands me something that h/she isn't asking for money.   When I receive gifts, I try to find something to return the thoughtfulness and kindness.          

Lise

Agreed with you, purelife. Whatever the gifts I get, I'm just thankful that they went through the trouble of getting me one. (plus if I don't like it, they're great for recycling)
Always end the name of your child with a vowel, so that when you yell the name will carry.
Bill Cosby.

purelife

Oh, I have a question.  (I hope that you don't mind me asking some questions in your thread, PC)

I always take off my shoes before entering someone's home.  

Question: What if they tell you that it's ok to keep your shoes on. Do you take them off or keep them on?  

I still take them off because this is what I am accustomed to.  Is it rude to not listen to them?    

Michel

I still take them off because this is what I am accustomed to.  Is it rude to not listen to them?

Not rude I would say, they told you it's OK. Unless they're very shy and your shoes are full of mud...

P.C.

purelife....I was hoping others would jump in with more questions !  Thanks.

The shoes issue is a good one.  I too always take them off even when told....don't worry about it.  Whether that's rude or not, I'm not sure.

We got accustomed to telling friends to leave their shoes on, because before we redid our floors....there was lino-tiles on a concrete slab.....so the floor was always cold.  We just didn't want them to get cold feets.    

P.C.

I also think that on certain occasions.....like a fancy party or open house, where guests are dressed up....(ladies in dresses and heels)....that they often would prefer to leave their shoes on.  

Michel

- snif snif, hum what's your perfume young lady?

- Stinky Feet number 5 Monsieur.

purelife

That's a good point about the cocktail parties there PC.  In that case, I would leave my sandals/heels on if permitted by the Host(ess).    

jerry springer show

well, sd and others, if you could spare some pity on me. i am such a sad woman.  if he did not lie to me nor used me, i would not have to talk to no one 4 in the morning.  damage control.  needed that release.  i tried forgiving him, but he just puts me down again and again.  there's no divorce.  i was never even his wife.  he has my number if he were sorry.  no, that will do a lot of damage to his money and reputation.  he used my unfinished ideas which were originally for my project, polished them, and presented them to his boss.  i told him because i loved and trusted him.  he got all the praise.  he was so afraid of being found out that now he avoids me like plague and made a huge show off me.  now he uses plywood to bar up his house from dead plywood for a big house like his......  a waste of view.  he didn't want the surveillance to spot him looking out the window i guess.  if any of you had any idea what he really has done, you would know why i had to talk to at 4 in the morning.  still, i forgive him, but just hope that i don't fall weak at the end and go back to him just because he tells me he loves me-- something that he only suggested but never have said..... only kept me hoping that he would.  that\'s what he does.  no, the hope is shattered.  i wake up to reality.  he used me.

if any of you have any idea what he has done to me.  i will move on, but i just wanted to clear my name.

P.C.

OK....I'm confused.

jerry springer show

I wish i could really say what's really going on, but i need to protect people involved.  internet spreads things like wild fire.  i gotta watch what i say.  i use this incorrect grammar style to write because that flows better than if i write with caps.

i have to talk at 4 in the morning because this guy .... this guy whom i trusted for so long, turned from being such a good guy for years to a horrible crook to the core.  we grew as our affection for each other also grew, but for some reasons i could not be with him when he showed me he loved me so i told him to either wait or move on.  it was all good intention on my side, but he thought i was playing with him.  i guess i was somewhat responsible.  then friends came in and tried to help us, but i insisted that i was not ready.  we ran into each other again at a place where poor communication was doomed to take place.  everyone was all masked.  no one really knew who each other was.  so that encouraged misunderstandings and immaturity.  this guy then... being so smart, used our poor communication to turn it around, ganged up and attacked me so he could feel better about our not being able to be together.  because the only we could recognize each other was tone, voice, and things that are unknown to any other but us, we hinted instead of used a lot of that.  but in the end, because how i felt that all the masking was so unnecessary and how he felt that unmasking would ruin the party, we both got very bad.... now, things started getting nasty.............

P.C.

It certainly sounds like a bit of a mess JSS.  I guess I'm just confused, because I was uncertain who you were directing your comments to.  

I'm still confused....but I hope it works out the way you are hoping it will.

|