Bluetooth = Listening device

Started by P.C., Aug 14 07 05:58

Previous topic - Next topic

P.C.

They just ran this story on the news, that conversations can be picked up by other bluetooth users.....not JUST conversations you are having on your phone.....but even conversations you are having in your car.

They also listed another bunch of  'flaws' 'discovered' in the Bluetooth, and yet this email circulated back in 2003.

Summary
-------

There are serious flaws in the authentication and/or data transfer mechanisms on some bluetooth enabled devices. Specifically, two vulnerabilities have been found:

Firstly, confidential data can be obtained, anonymously, and without the owner's knowledge or consent, from some bluetooth enabled mobile phones. This data includes, at least, the entire phonebook and calendar.

Secondly, it has been found that the complete memory contents of some mobile phones can be accessed by a previously trusted ("paired") device that has since been removed from the trusted list. This data includes not only the phonebook and calendar, but media files such as pictures and text messages. In essence, the entire device can be "backed up" to an attacker's own system.

Finally, the current trend for "Bluejacking" is promoting an environment which puts consumer devices at greater risk from the above attacks.
Sir Isaac Newton invented the swinging door....for the convenience of his cat.

Sportsdude

hmm weird. Although I do know if you have satelite radio in your car, it can be picked up on a radio nearby if they get on your frequency.

I remember walkie talkies picking up cordless phone calls before.

"We can't stop here. This is bat country."

Lise

Damn. Mine was picking up alien communication. They shut it down when they heard it was picking up sexual acts.....

[TABLE bgColor=#ffffdd border=1] [TBODY] [TR] [TD align=middle colSpan=2][SMALL]Anti-Spam Bot-Stopper
Please type the text below into this field[/SMALL][/TD][/TR] [TR] [TD align=middle] [STYLE type=text/css]    TD.at_r1 (vertical-align:bottom;)    [/STYLE]  [TABLE cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 border=0] [TBODY] [TR] [TD][/TD] [TD class=at_r1 rowSpan=2]nn[/TD] [TD][/TD][/TR] [TR] [TD]tra[/TD] [TD]y[/TD][/TR][/TBODY][/TABLE][/TD] [TD][INPUT size=10 value=tranny name=sauce][/TD][/TR][/TBODY][/TABLE]

Of course, my spam-bot came up with above for yours truly....
Always end the name of your child with a vowel, so that when you yell the name will carry.
Bill Cosby.