A car is NOT a babysitter!

Started by Lise, Aug 10 07 10:00

Previous topic - Next topic

Lise

Damn it! I hate it whenever I hear stories like this. Like today, this morning, I saw a story on how a mother left her 6 month old baby in the car to go shopping. It was a hot day, something like 120 degrees in the car and the baby was left in there for 15 mins. Luckily a group of girls heard the baby crying and called 911.

All the mother got was probably a slap on the wrist and a fine or whatever. Because the baby did not die, she got off. Her excuse? She forgot that she even had a baby in the car.

Then last week, the mother went to work for 8 hours and left her two young children in the car all day. A five year old boy and an 18 month old (girl or boy - can't remember). Unfortunately, they both died. What did she do? She took their bodies home, bathed them then wrapped them in garbage bags and hid them under the sink.

BLOODY HELL. You don't forget you have a child in your car.  I have NEVER nor will I ever leave my children in the car. Even if I have to leave for 5 mins or whatever, I would NEVER do that. It shows how inconsiderate you are, how selfish and thoughtless you are. Children trust you, you are the one who should be taking care of them. Then to leave them so helpless and alone.... I just don't understand it.

For frack sake. If you can't take care of your children, just for the love of God, take them to someone who can watch over them.

OK. End of rant. I'm just sick to death of people who are cruel and thoughtless.
Always end the name of your child with a vowel, so that when you yell the name will carry.
Bill Cosby.

Sportsdude

Weird. Although I do remember growing up when I was older of staying in the car with the a/c on while my parents went to get something for like 15 minutes. Albeit I was like 10.  
"We can't stop here. This is bat country."

P.C.

Makes my stomach turn.  It's already clear that a person isn't 'mother material' when you can 'FORGET' you have a child.
Sir Isaac Newton invented the swinging door....for the convenience of his cat.

Sportsdude

lol sounds like my cousins, forgetting you have a child.  

Lise

I don't care how old you are. The thing is, it's just not right to leave your child unattended in a car (or anywhere for that matter). Parents are supposed to do what's right and that means, you take you child with you or at least keep an eye out for them no matter where they are.

Forgive my ranting. I'm just royally pissed off about these parents. I love children so much that it makes it hard to stomach when something like this happen. Children should NEVER have to suffer for our mistakes.  
Always end the name of your child with a vowel, so that when you yell the name will carry.
Bill Cosby.

P.C.

A justified rant Lise.  

purelife

Here's another question.  Would you leave your kids in the car when filling up gas at a Express pay stall?  

I agree with you 100% Lise.  These parents are irresponsible.

JJ

I read an article on this happening more because with the airbags carseats now have to be placed in the back.  Someparents are forgetting they even have the child with them.  I think they are going to have to have an warning sound if a rear seatbeat is used and the car has been placed in park!  

P.C.

I'm not certain, but aren't the seatbelts engaged to hold the child seat, whether they are in it or not?

Maybe one of those spring loaded hands that comes out of the drivers seat visor is in order for parents who 'forget' they have children.

[A href="http://images.google.com/imgres?imgurl=http://www1.istockphoto.com/file_thumbview_approve/1593706/2/istockphoto_1593706_pow.jpg&imgrefurl=http://www.istockphoto.com/file_closeup/%3Fid%3D1593706%26refnum%3D333920%26Lang%3Den&h=380&w=380&sz=37&hl=en&start=62&sig2=begtpcpQsbL6T3W5JDnpTA&um=1&tbnid=RaCEJx7NzUkTEM:&tbnh=123&tbnw=123&ei=f9S8RrLaIqOaggPvqPyTCA&prev=/images%3Fq%3Dpow%26start%3D60%26ndsp%3D20%26svnum%3D10%26um%3D1%26hl%3Den%26rls%3DGGLC,GGLC:1969-53,GGLC:en%26sa%3DN"][img style="BORDER-RIGHT: 1px solid; BORDER-TOP: 1px solid; BORDER-LEFT: 1px solid; BORDER-BOTTOM: 1px solid" height=123 src="http://tbn0.google.com/images?q=tbn:RaCEJx7NzUkTEM:http://www1.istockphoto.com/file_thumbview_approve/1593706/2/istockphoto_1593706_pow.jpg" width=123][/A]

49er

[H2][FONT size=3]  

[/FONT][/H2] [H2]Baby dies -- left in hot car all day by dad in Concord[/H2] An 11-month-old boy died in the back seat of the family car in Concord on Wednesday after his father apparently forgot to drop him off at day care and instead left him locked inside the vehicle while he spent the day at work, police said. .......

[A href="http://www.sfgate.com/cgi-bin/article.cgi?f=/c/a/2007/07/26/MNGPER76GR1.DTL&hw=baby+car+death&sn=003&sc=721"]http://www.sfgate.com/cgi-bin/article.cgi?f=/c/a/2007/07/26/MNGPER76GR1.DTL&hw=baby+car+death&sn=003&sc=721[/A]

[TABLE bgColor=#ffffdd border=1] [TBODY] [TR] [TD align=middle colSpan=2][SMALL]Anti-Spam Bot-Stopper
Please type the text below into this field[/SMALL][/TD][/TR] [TR] [TD align=middle] [STYLE type=text/css]    TD.at_r1 (vertical-align:bottom;)    [/STYLE]  [TABLE cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 border=0] [TBODY] [TR] [TD][/TD] [TD class=at_r1 rowSpan=2]is[/TD] [TD][/TD][/TR] [TR] [TD]blu[/TD] [TD]h[/TD][/TR][/TBODY][/TABLE][/TD] [TD][INPUT type=hidden value=6bbe24b3b5c7a01f42d37ba27f278a21 name=sauce_check][INPUT size=10 value=bluish name=sauce][/TD][/TR][/TBODY][/TABLE]

purelife

That's teribly sad.  Sometimes I think that work becomes so stressful that it makes parents forgetful.  The dad must be absolutely devasted to make such a mistake.  

Sportsdude

yeah and he'll spend 7 years in prison if he gets the same sentence as other cases.

P.C.

I imagine that's a possibility purelife.....for a moment of distraction....but I can't fathom forgetting for the whole day.

Lise

purelife wrote:
Here's another question.  Would you leave your kids in the car when filling up gas at a Express pay stall?  

I agree with you 100% Lise.  These parents are irresponsible.[/DIV]
     No. I would never do that. If it takes me 10 mins to strap them out and then strap them back in again, I would do it. Besides, one can always pay at the pump anyways.
Bill Cosby.

wassanasong

Hmmm...my parents left me in the car all the time and I turned out all right.

Seriously though, those f*ckers!  Irresponsible pieces of sh*t if they weren't family I'd hurt them bad for that.

I'm also concerned about animals being left in cars.  A few years ago I had to kick in a window because some idiot left his elderly aged dog in the car while shopping at Superstore.  The *sswipe comes out 20 MINUTES later all pissed that his window was kicked in.  Serves him right! 20 minutes! Damn!