Vancouver Gang shooting

Started by Sportsdude, Aug 10 07 04:38

Previous topic - Next topic

Sportsdude

what does everyone think about it?

"We can't stop here. This is bat country."

ripper

Pretty scary. As long as they kill each other and harm no innocent bystanders, who really cares.

Sportsdude

we all know though that, that doesn't happen and we'll see Boxing Day repeats.  

ripper

Maybe maybe not. For all we know, it could've been house cleaning. Either way i look upon it as neighborhood beautification. Taking out the trash.

P.C.

I got a bit of a chuckle at how the intro was worded on the news.

Something to the effect of  "Our next story...what would you do if you were spending the evening at a local restaurant......"  

[FONT size=4]It was 4:30 am for heavens sake !!![/FONT]
Sir Isaac Newton invented the swinging door....for the convenience of his cat.

ripper

That's the media for you. Full of  half truths, deception and sensationalism. Anything that sells.

Sportsdude

this isn't the first shooting at this place. But yeah as the cops said yesterday anybody out at that time of night walking the streets is looking up for no good. That's when the gang activity is at its highest.

That said the Vancouver PD asked for Sam Sullivan to hire 75 more police for its 'gang squad' to fight gangs and he declined and still said weaseled out of an answer when a ctv reporter asked him why he didn't hire more cops.

Then the other problem is illegal guns. Where are they getting the guns? the US. How? By selling marjiuana. I believe last year BC Bud made 5 billion dollars last year. That's 5 billion dollars worth of guns that can be bought. You legalize marijuana, increase gang squad police, make gun crimes and offences some of the toughest in the world and the gangs will start to crumble.

P.C.

That's true ripper.... they're not doing the city any favours by implying that everyone who goes out for an 'evening' dinner is at risk of being randomly gunned down.  (well I suppose in reality, there's risk involved in everything, everywhere....but I mean come ON )  
Sir Isaac Newton invented the swinging door....for the convenience of his cat.

Sportsdude

Once the sun goes down here I don't feel safe. So if I can feel safe until 4am in the morning. Although CTV went through all the killings at night in the past decade. Some poor guy who loved chinese food had a late night craving and went to a restaurant tried to stop a robbery and was shot to death.

I think to me 'late' is leaving a place to go home at 2am. That's when I see the most movement of people driving around when I'm working. 12am-2am. After that the cars stop and its either workers or cops and drunks driving around.

Michel

*waiving arms over head, making 2 victory signs with fingers as a good loser, smiling stupidly with pride*

It's my neibourghood !!! lol

Sportsdude

awesome!
did you go to the place to eat before? I find that when crimes happen in neighbourhoods I've lived in it feels weird walking by or going to the place after the crime.

Michel

Not that place in particular, I'm quite new here, I recognized it on TV, saw the French Center La Boussole nearby, thats all, but I often passed there by car.  

Passion

I drove by there on the way home yesterday around the dinner hour.  It was still taped off.  This morning I passed again and there is a police car out front with the restaurant still taped off.  Nothing has been boarded up ---- broken glass everywhere.  I guess they are still investigating.  I would hate to live in that neighbourhood.  It is know to be a bad area.

Lise

I'll say it again and again, we NEED TOUGHER GUN CONTROL, damnit!!! How many victims have to due because we don't have tougher gun control?

That part of town is pretty bad. Then again, you're not exactly safe wherever you are if they choose to come in and shoot the crap outta you.

I hate guns. Period. They have no place in human history.

[TABLE bgColor=#ffffdd border=1] [TBODY] [TR] [TD align=middle colSpan=2][SMALL]Anti-Spam Bot-Stopper
Please type the text below into this field[/SMALL][/TD][/TR] [TR] [TD align=middle] [STYLE type=text/css]    TD.at_r1 (vertical-align:bottom;)    [/STYLE]  [TABLE cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 border=0] [TBODY] [TR] [TD][/TD] [TD class=at_r1 rowSpan=2]ti[/TD] [TD][/TD][/TR] [TR] [TD]coo[/TD] [TD]e[/TD][/TR][/TBODY][/TABLE][/TD] [TD][INPUT size=10 value=cootie name=sauce][/TD][/TR][/TBODY][/TABLE]

Aha. Would you believe I just got this.
Always end the name of your child with a vowel, so that when you yell the name will carry.
Bill Cosby.

Sportsdude

well these are illegal guns. from marijuana trade with the US gangs.