Minor league hockey team spoofs Cheney's hunting accident with promotion night

Started by Sportsdude, Mar 15 06 10:00

Previous topic - Next topic

Sportsdude

Minor league hockey team spoofs Cheney's hunting accident with promotion [!-- END HEADLINE --][DIV id=ynmain][!-- BEGIN STORY BODY --][DIV id=storybody][DIV class=storyhdr][EM class=timedate]Mon Mar 13, 6:04 PM ET[/i]

[DIV class=spacer][/DIV][/DIV]LAS VEGAS (AP) - A minor league hockey team plans to spoof U.S. vice-president Dick Cheney's recent hunting mishap by handing out orange hunting vests with the words, "Don't Shoot, I'm Human."

Cheney accidentally shot a friend while quail hunting on a Texas ranch last month. The Las Vegas Wranglers of the ECHL expect to distribute 1,000 vests at Friday's game, dubbed "Dick Cheney Hunting Vest Night." The Wranglers will play the Alaska Aces in the 7,000-seat Orleans Arena.

"It was sort of too juicy not to do," said Billy Johnson, Wranglers president and chief operating officer. "It's one of those events in pop culture."

Cheney's office in Washington, D.C., did not immediately respond Monday to requests for comment.

[/DIV][/DIV]
"We can't stop here. This is bat country."

CK

That is interesting? An event in "pop" culture. [/DIV]Its kind of good for a laugh.

TehBorken

Lol, that's great.

I just finished watching "Loose Change", the 911 documentary, and it's flat-out disturbing as hell. It's impossible to watch it and still believe the whole story that's been concocted about what supposedly happened on 9-11.
The real trouble with reality is that there's no background music.