Canadian Public sector pays better than private: report

Started by Sportsdude, Jul 30 07 10:32

Previous topic - Next topic

49er

purelife wrote:
  I totally agree.   City Workers who water the plants and tend to the cleanliness of the streets make well over 20 an hour whilst those with a uni degree get stuck with jobs starting at 10/hr.  They're a bunch of whiners.

So you're saying all these guys should be getting  $10/hour or less to be par with uni. graduates who allowed themselves to get stuck with $10 jobs ?

purelife

Ah crap... I guess that is what I was saying when you read it, but I didn't mean it that way.  Ah what the heck, I'm confusing myself.  I'm going to leave this thread.  

49er

I'm not 100% pro-union but when you see hard working people scraping by with below living wages and exploited by greedy businesses with the government turning a blind eye at the situation, I see unions having a place in our society.

russ hates timeouts

49er wrote:
 I'm not 100% pro-union but when you see hard working people scraping by with below living wages and exploited by greedy businesses with the government turning a blind eye at the situation, I see unions having a place in our society.[/DIV]
 I agree in a way.. and not in others. Is that ten taking into effect the cost of benefits? Why should taxpayers carry someone?

Ten is too little for that, even I say.. but more like 16..

EDIT: I think im crossing my wires here. Im 100% against any government worker being union as they are to serve the public, not have a stranglehold over the public purse.. Im not against PRIVATE unions, as they are checked and blanced by companies choosing between union or no-unions.  

botanikus

It's scary when you think how $75,000 doesn't even go that far anymore once you are through paying taxes and vehicle and rent or mortgage expenses.

Russ

Welcome! Havent seen you here yet.

Yes 75k isnt alot nowadays.. but its still well above the national average. Why should the taxpayers continue to fund alot of money for this? Right or wrong.. our taxdollars should be spent frugally. We are already taxed to death.

Look at the current union situation with vancouver. The people supposed to be on strike were working in the private sector. Goes to show you that theres some hypocracy there. Im of the opinion that garbage collection should be privatized.. part of vancouver already is, and our neighbors in surrey already are.
Mercy to the Guilty is Torture to the Victims

OMG

What?  75K isn't a LOT?  OMG!  I guess we all have to have those designer clothes, handbags, that apartment or house on the westside or Yaletown so we can show off to our friends how trendy we look!    Give me $75K gross and I am happy!  What a bunchy greed superficial buggers you are.  No wonder Vancouver is becoming such an unaffordable city to live in, it's people like  you that make it unaffordable.  

ripper

OMG wrote:
What?  75K isn't a LOT?  OMG!  I guess we all have to have those designer clothes, handbags, that apartment or house on the westside or Yaletown so we can show off to our friends how trendy we look!    Give me $75K gross and I am happy!  What a bunchy greed superficial buggers you are.  No wonder Vancouver is becoming such an unaffordable city to live in, it's people like  you that make it unaffordable.  
 I couldn't have said it better myself. It's one thing if it's a profesional, i.e doctor, or lawyer or any other people who are highly educated and have paid their dues. The problem is were talking about public servants. People who are grade three dropouts who in the real world would not be fit to work for MacDonalds. The whole lot makes me sick.