Where all the DVers go....

Started by Lise, Jul 28 07 09:11

Previous topic - Next topic

Vivek Golikeri

APPEAL TO THE MODS AND RIGHT-MINDED POSTERS:

I am one of the refugees from cyber-lunacy at DV forum who has sought "political asylum", to be cutesy about it, at Discover Seattle. I'll try DS awhile, and then either formally register or leave. It's just like living with a woman. Test-driving the relationship is fine, but sooner or later you either commit to her or leave.

My only concern is that the new DV-leavers should not turn this forum into the same nonsense. Traditionally, Seattle Forum has seemed quite civil and well-thought-out. Lately, however, I have seen a few of the same personal attacks, the same bold-lettered yelling and screaming posts here.

I appeal to the mods to upgrade DS policies to deal with such scenarios. Please make it clear that those who indulge in histrionics, vulgarity, or vicious hate-spewing will be banned. One ex-DV person asked me if I ever shut up. Well if he/she wants me or anyone to shut up, let that poster move to North Korea. The whole purpose of a forum is to share one's ideas and feelings so long as this is done within the parameters of rules and decency.  

Whatever you do, mods and co-posters, please guard against the danger that Discover Seattle could get infected with DV leprosy. We need culture and intellect, not vitriol and vulgarity.

Ace

You'll find that this place is nice & cozy, Vivek.  Although there are enough DV trolls registered here, this site tends to keep everything nice and under control...

That being said, it won't be long until the urge to revisit DV hits you.  It's just like a crack addiction...  no matter how hard you try, you just keep going back for one last hit...

The bitterness of poor quality is remembered long after the sweetness of low price has faded from memory

GORDY GAMBINO

^^Hey Stalin when you are thru telling us how to act why don't you post something of substance.

You don't like this and you don't like that.

You may or may not register..........who gives a damn. Do what you want but don't make it conditional upon others as we just wont take your shit........ok comrade!!  
CAPO DI TUTTI CAPPI

GORDY GAMBINO

Hey Ace how ya going?

How is DATW?
CAPO DI TUTTI CAPPI

Ace

GORDY GAMBINO wrote:
[div style="font-style: italic;"]Hey Ace how ya going?[/div] [div style="font-style: italic;"]How is DATW?[/div]

I'm quite well, thank you!  I see your services are no longer needed at DATW, Gordy...

The bitterness of poor quality is remembered long after the sweetness of low price has faded from memory

GORDY GAMBINO

Yes there seems to be a small misunderstanding....lol

They didn't like one of my poems and they banned me for life.....lol

This is the only forum i am allowed on........even got banned here but PC the darling stood up for me
CAPO DI TUTTI CAPPI

P.C.

Gordy....Ace  ....Nice to see you both.        
Sir Isaac Newton invented the swinging door....for the convenience of his cat.

Ace

P.C. wrote:
[div style="font-style: italic;"]Gordy....Ace  ....Nice to see you both.[/div]  
 Likewise!  What's new?

P.C.

Not so much.  

Somewhat quieter here these days.....lol.

Long weekend was a wash.....crappy weather......but today was awesome. I'm sad to see summer come to an end.  I barely got that winter white glow off.

You ?

GORDY GAMBINO

Nice to see you also.

Don't worry i wont repeat my poem here as it was a bit saucy!    
CAPO DI TUTTI CAPPI

Ace

I've been keeping a low profile this long weekend!  It's probably for the best...
Summer is almost over, but I don't mind...  It's time for the kids to get back in school, and for the weather to start cooling down.  I'm really not built for the heat!

GORDY GAMBINO

Getta coupla beers into you Ace and you will be alright!

Thats the best way to deal with the heat!
CAPO DI TUTTI CAPPI

Ace

GORDY GAMBINO wrote:
[div style="font-style: italic;"]Getta coupla beers into you Ace and you will be alright![/div] Thats the best way to deal with the heat!

I used to do that all the time, Gordy!  Lately I've been laying off the juice, as I was starting to overindulge just a bit...  I wasn't sure how much longer my liver would've put up with the abuse!

P.C.

I don't usually mind seeing summer come to an end....but they kinda forgot it this year.  I spent the first half of the summer doing house and yard stuff, so I could kick back and enjoy the rest that never came.      

wyk

GORDY GAMBINO wrote:
 Yes there seems to be a small misunderstanding....lol

They didn't like one of my poems and they banned me for life.....lol

This is the only forum i am allowed on........even got banned here but PC the darling stood up for me

Of course you were banned for your "poem"...it is called continual verbal harassment.  You just didn't know when or how to stop going , and I guess your ban from the other place was the consequences of your actions.  The other place has been so much nicer these days...even with EED around and now Poobah's resurfaced.  

|