Where all the DVers go....

Started by Lise, Jul 28 07 09:11

Previous topic - Next topic

Lise

Ah, don't say that! It's a great site. I'm hooked but I don't post as often there. I don't know... maybe I just don't want to be addicted like last time.

It's still in its infant stage but I can see great potential with this site.
Always end the name of your child with a vowel, so that when you yell the name will carry.
Bill Cosby.

lazy Marik

yes, at least they put in basic registration. Seems ok for the time being, we'll see what DATWMOD can do with the few trolls / oversized picture problem.  

P.C.

I've dropped in for a read or two, but I haven't yet seen any pictures at all there.  Can you actually post pics ?
Sir Isaac Newton invented the swinging door....for the convenience of his cat.

Ace

P.C. wrote:
[div style="font-style: italic;"]I've dropped in for a read or two, but I haven't yet seen any pictures at all there.  Can you actually post pics ?[/div]

Yes you can.  In forum code, although they disable it from time to time due to individuals posting oversized pics...

The bitterness of poor quality is remembered long after the sweetness of low price has faded from memory

P.C.

Oh I see.  I knew I had read a few comments referencing that a picture had obviously been posted, but not one of them shows up for me.  

So is registration the only option there ?

Ace

You register your 'handle' with a password.  No email addy required.  
The bitterness of poor quality is remembered long after the sweetness of low price has faded from memory

datw in the know

thanks all, suggestions are appreciated and actually DS is mentioned on the front page, but for some reason the blurb only shows up in explorer and not firefox, so that needs to be looked into, it's nice to see DS promoted there too

the picture problem is being worked on, some person was spamming with extremely large pictures in the post which would slow things to a crawl, so in the meantime pictures have been turned off... kind of unfortunate for the moment but it is all in starting out pains

funny when you do a google search on the word "handlejacking", DV DATW and DS all show up as the top 3 results LOL

thanks alot for your patience and many thanks to Borken as well and best of luck to everyone :)    

P.C.

Thanks Ace.....just curious, mostly.

Anyways.....gotta fly.  Have a lovely evening.  [img style="CURSOR: pointer" onclick=url(this.src); src="http://www.cheesebuerger.de/images/smilie/froehlich/a010.gif" border=0]  

PostMonkee @(^_^)@

Jesus, bad waves of paranoia, madness, fear and loathing - intolerable vibrations in this place. Get out. The weasels were closing in. I could smell the ugly brutes. Flee.

Ace

P.C. wrote:
[div style="font-style: italic;"]Thanks Ace.....just curious, mostly.[/div] [div style="font-style: italic;"] [/div] Anyways.....gotta fly.  Have a lovely evening.  [img style="cursor: pointer;" onclick="url(this.src);" src="http://www.cheesebuerger.de/images/smilie/froehlich/a010.gif[/img]

You too!  Take care...

Vivek Golikeri

So far, from what little I've witnessed of Discover Seattle, its tenor seems more mature and civilized than the baboonery on Vancouver Forum. The mods on DV can do little --- or so they say --- without registration. Some posters who hated me started putting up defamatory posts, accusing me of things I never did. Vancouver Forum is full of obscenity, bigotry, personal attacks, not to mention Canadians who love to hate and mudsling at the United States. Those people north of the border are supposed to be our closest kin. Yet some of the Vancouver posters' hate feels more like Iranian mobs burning our flag.

I just want a place where I can share my ideas and knowledge, and also learn from others while teaching them. Minds are like knives, in that they sharpen each other. I don't care what anyone opines; free speech is what makes America great. But we do need certain rules of honesty, civility and integrity. And those who choose to act like wild animals belong in a zoo.      

Gopher

A fool's paradise is better than none.

P.C.

I agree for the most part.....except I find the mudslinging is of equal proportions from either side of the border....neither of which I take too seriously when I consider the mentality of anyone who would post such nonsense.

wyk

datw continues to rock a month later.

only ds and datw are the places to be.  forget dv, let the children, spammers, trolls, and peter pan have it.

Ace

Seems like you harbour a bit of resentment, wyk!  

|