Phyllo Sheets

Started by Lise, Sep 05 07 05:23

Previous topic - Next topic

Lise

Hi,

Does anyone know if you can keep phyllo sheets in the freezer once you thawed them out? I've leftover and don't know what to do with them.

Always end the name of your child with a vowel, so that when you yell the name will carry.
Bill Cosby.

Michel

I propose that you wrap them around the katana of your husband and that you eat them very slowly after that. No waste, swallow everything and you'll be a good girl lol    

P.C.

I've never kept them once they've thawed Lise.  I don't know if they would stick together after the second thaw.

Also, I'm a big chicken about refreezing things. (even though I think the phyllo would probably be fine)  
What I usually do with the left overs is dot them with a little butter brush.....crumble them up and put them on top of a thick chicken stew (or any other type of casserole) and bake it like a pot pie.  They make a yummy 'crust'.  (I hate waste)
Sir Isaac Newton invented the swinging door....for the convenience of his cat.

Lise

Phyllo and katana... now that's an interesting choice!

I think I'll do what you do, PC. That's a good idea for leftover phyllo sheets. I agree, it's such a waste that it's heartbreaking to throw away. I only used a couple of sheets. Thanks again! Bless.
Always end the name of your child with a vowel, so that when you yell the name will carry.
Bill Cosby.

purelife

Hey Lise.

You could make spanakopitas.  I usually make them whenever I buy phyllo.  You need frozen spinach, feta cheese, cottage cheese.... whatever you wrap it up with, it'll taste good.  :)))  You could experiement?    

Sawdust

P.C. Loooves Phyllo. she once said she could eat dirt if it was wrapped in phyllo. Hmmmm, experiment??
The early bird may get the worm, but it's the second mouse that gets the cheese.

Gopher

Sawdust wrote:
  P.C. Loooves Phyllo. she once said she could eat dirt if it was wrapped in phyllo. Hmmmm, experiment??[/DIV]
 ...........And when better to do it than on your holiday?

Thinks: should this be included in the practical economies thread?  
A fool's paradise is better than none.

Gopher

According to the home page, at this very moment PC is qv. "Posting in Phyllo Sheets" - I hadn't realised they were so versatile.
A fool's paradise is better than none.

P.C.

AHA !  So you were in here while I was getting ready Mr. Sawdust.  

I suppose that's why I'm ready, and you are washing the car. [img style="CURSOR: pointer" onclick=url(this.src); src="http://www.cheesebuerger.de/images/more/bigs/c008.gif" border=0]

[img style="CURSOR: pointer" onclick=url(this.src); src="http://www.cheesebuerger.de/images/smilie/liebe/g086.gif" border=0]  
Sir Isaac Newton invented the swinging door....for the convenience of his cat.

Lise

I bet Sawdust wrapped in Phyllo would be an interesting appetizer for the divine Ms. PC.

[FONT size=1]..... or his noodle......[/FONT]
Bill Cosby.