SanFranciscoPortlandSeattleVancouverBC

Started by Future Canadian, Feb 08 06 09:07

Previous topic - Next topic

kitten

Just keep in mind that anything you want badly enough is worth the work it takes to get there.  Keep working on your studies.  The sooner you finish, the sooner you get out of there.  You will need more than high school to find better than a McJob.  Didn't you say that you wanted to go to Simon Fraser U?   That place has the most incredible view you could imagine!  Sometimes I drive up there and play "tourist", staring around as though I'd never seen the place.  You would love it.  
Thousands of years ago cats were worshipped.  They have not forgotten.

Sportsdude

thanks kit. It wasn't Simon Fraser but this place in Tacoma I can get into in a second all I got to do is to finish this little course work. See my father is prominent lutheran musican, I'm a rower, have vast knowledge of history and politics and I'm 6'8 and a rower.  They'd take me in a second. I'm the problem and I have to fight it.
"We can't stop here. This is bat country."

Future Canadian

Tacoma is nice except for the dreaded Tacoma Aroma. I think it's a paper mill or something, we always have to roll up our windows driving through there.
...religion has made some contributions to civilization. It helped in the early days to fix the calendar, and it caused Egyptian priests to chronicle ecplipses with such care that in time they were able to predict them. These two services I am prepared to acknowledge, but I do not know of any others

Sportsdude

"We can't stop here. This is bat country."

Future Canadian

Yup, it's still Vancouver for me. suprise suprise.  
...religion has made some contributions to civilization. It helped in the early days to fix the calendar, and it caused Egyptian priests to chronicle ecplipses with such care that in time they were able to predict them. These two services I am prepared to acknowledge, but I do not know of any others

soapbox

uhmm,that's hard to decide.

not seattle cause it's too similar to vancouver (geography/weather) so i would stay in vancouver.

1) vancouver

2) san fran

3) seattle

4) portland

5) los angles

6) san diego

7) tacoma

100) spokane    

Future Canadian

soapbox wrote:

100) spokane

LOL! I grew up there! Nice in spots but pretty boring to grow up in.

Gopher

kitten wrote:
 I don't like the idea of global warming.  Personal warming is a different story![/DIV]

You surprise me Kitten,  as it's to you  to whom we all turn when we're in need of personal warmth.
A fool's paradise is better than none.

|