SanFranciscoPortlandSeattleVancouverBC

Started by Future Canadian, Feb 08 06 09:07

Previous topic - Next topic

Sportsdude

look what I found searching st. john new brunswick

ROTFL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
"We can't stop here. This is bat country."

kitten

Thousands of years ago cats were worshipped.  They have not forgotten.

Future Canadian

Quote from: Dood on Feb 08 06 12:33Future Canadian- let's get together and smoke a doobie. :) Are you in or around Seattle?
Ahh... Another great thing about this neck of the woods. I'm in Portland, but should I come to Seattle or vice versa indeed we shall.[/DIV]I need to make it to the next Bumbershoot (best music/arts fest ever IMHO), I've missed far too many of them.
...religion has made some contributions to civilization. It helped in the early days to fix the calendar, and it caused Egyptian priests to chronicle ecplipses with such care that in time they were able to predict them. These two services I am prepared to acknowledge, but I do not know of any others

tenkani

Ah! I missed this thread![/DIV]Yeah, Monterey is very pretty. Get rid of the inhabitants and it would be a paradise.[/DIV]I love San Francisco, but it's sort of like going to a rave; very exciting and gritty, but after about 8 hours you start to get a headache and feel like you need to go home and take a shower. Haven't had the pleasure of visiting Seattle, Portland or Vancouver yet but I'm looking forward to it!!
For thou art with me; thy cream and thy sugar they comfort me
Thou preparest a carafe before me in the presence of Juan Valdez
Thou anointest my day with pep; my mug runneth over
Surely richness and taste shall follow me all the days of my life
And I will dwell in the house of coffee forever.

Future Canadian

Yeah I would love to live right in the Haight for about a year and then split. SF is ALOT of city. But fun as all get out.[/DIV]And oh how I miss Cafe Treiste and the Molinari Deli. A must stop every time I'm there.
...religion has made some contributions to civilization. It helped in the early days to fix the calendar, and it caused Egyptian priests to chronicle ecplipses with such care that in time they were able to predict them. These two services I am prepared to acknowledge, but I do not know of any others

tenkani

I was visiting a friend who was in the hospital in S.F. for three days and was carless. I rode around in the muni busses a lot. You can't get much more gritty than that. If you want a good long look at the grim, haggard faces of the downtrodden muni is definitely the way to go.

A homeless lady berated me about my choice of footwear. She seemed genuinely upset that I had left my snow boots at home...

Noel

I'd like to get out of Vancouver to escape the dampness and wetness. It' s like soaking and marinating in rain and fogs for the last 3 to 4 months. Can I just move to and settle down at Seattle or San Francisco with a Canadian passport?

tenkani

If you want to escape dampness, I'm not sure that Seattle or S.F. are your best choices LOL. You'd probably like San Diego. Weather-wise at least...

Future Canadian

I am sooooo tired of the rain right now. It just seems endless this year and we're only in Febuary.

Sportsdude

I'm tired of nothing happening in saint louis. This place is a borefest. zzzz.. The weather gets nice then it gets cold the next day. It snowed about a 3 cm today and by dinner it was gone. The place is ugville. My friend and I just drive up and down the street for about 3hrs everyweekend doing nothing. WHY? Because there is nothing to do in this place.

Future Canadian

My condolences. I've been through St. Louis and it didn't look fun at all. Just lots of WalMart-ville.

Sportsdude

lots of Walmarts, mcdonalds, and walgreens.[/DIV]There are 3 Walmarts nearby[/DIV]20 Mcdonalds 15 Walgreens-one on every corner

kitten

That does sound really boring.  Might be a great place to retire to, if you're really tired of living.          [img onmouseover="this.style.backgroundColor='#C6D3EF';this.style.border='1px solid #3169C6'; " style="BORDER-RIGHT: #3169c6 1px solid; BORDER-TOP: #3169c6 1px solid; BORDER-LEFT: #3169c6 1px solid; CURSOR: pointer; BORDER-BOTTOM: #3169c6 1px solid; BACKGROUND-COLOR: #c6d3ef" onclick="InsertImage('/forums/richedit/smileys/Sad/1.gif');" onmouseout="this.style.backgroundColor=''; this.style.border=''" src="http://discoverseattle.net/forums/richedit/smileys/Sad/1.gif" align=absMiddle]
Thousands of years ago cats were worshipped.  They have not forgotten.

Sportsdude

lmao![/DIV]Yeah its borefest.[/DIV]I keep on asking myself why do people live here?[/DIV]Heck, before I was born my parents used to live in Milwaukee and heck that place is cooler than saint louis. At least Milwaukee had lake michigan and Chicago only an hour away.Here you got farmland to your right, left and straight ahead. They only beatiful part of Missouri is its southern part but thats where people start coming out of the woods (if you know what I mean).I look at vancouver and I'm a struck. I find those websites where people have taken highway pictures on certain routes (like sea to sky) and its just beautiful.  You don't get that here. I need out. I need to finish a couple classes that I have been mullling over a year and a half and I need to get finished. I need to start my life. Get out of this hole.

Future Canadian

Yes do it! I meet a lot of folks out here from the midwest.[/DIV]By the way I liked Milwakee when I was there. I was expecting another boring midwest town but was pleasantly surprised. I really wish I could go back to the Safe House. It was this spy-themed bar with all sorts of cool stuff to look at on the walls (much of it hidden or not obvious) and all over. They didn't publish their address, so you had to go out and find it yourself which was a lot of fun.

|