SanFranciscoPortlandSeattleVancouverBC

Started by Future Canadian, Feb 08 06 09:07

Previous topic - Next topic

Future Canadian

The Pacific NW has it's own flavor and lifestyle found nowhere else in North America. I've been all over the US and I would always come back to live around here. Seattle, Portland, Vancouver BC, and San Francisco (I know that's stretching it a bit for Pacific NW) all seem like variations on a theme and all have great things about them.[/DIV]Without starting a geographic flame war, which city is your favorite and why? If price was no object where would you most want to live? What spots should west coast travellers check out in your city?If I had my druthers I'd be living in a spiffed out flat right in downtown Vancouver. Although Portland is a great (and still affordable) for a lot of the same reasons I like Vancouver-lots of natural beauty and close proximity to nature, progressive, laid back.
...religion has made some contributions to civilization. It helped in the early days to fix the calendar, and it caused Egyptian priests to chronicle ecplipses with such care that in time they were able to predict them. These two services I am prepared to acknowledge, but I do not know of any others

Dood

I like Seattle quite a bit (it's where I live).
Portland semed a bit prudish to me. San Francisco is a cool place, but too expensive for me. I like Vancouver but haven't had the opportunity to spend as much time there as I'd like.

P.C.

If price were no object, I'd live in Carmel, Monterey or Cannon Beach.[/DIV]So beautiful.
Sir Isaac Newton invented the swinging door....for the convenience of his cat.

Future Canadian

I like Monterey except that it's dripping with rich people. But it's very beautiful and Laguna Seca is there.
...religion has made some contributions to civilization. It helped in the early days to fix the calendar, and it caused Egyptian priests to chronicle ecplipses with such care that in time they were able to predict them. These two services I am prepared to acknowledge, but I do not know of any others

kits

I like Monterey, except it is dripping with tenkani's!!
It takes a big man to cry, but it takes a bigger man to laugh at that man.

P.C.

Well, money would have to definitely be no object....a round of golf is about $475.00 CD.[/DIV]...and real estate prices are off the charts.

P.C.

AND, dripping tenkanis only adds to it's appeal.[/DIV]Good morning tenkani.[img onmouseover="this.style.backgroundColor='#C6D3EF';this.style.border='1px solid #3169C6'; " style="BORDER-RIGHT: #3169c6 1px solid; BORDER-TOP: #3169c6 1px solid; BORDER-LEFT: #3169c6 1px solid; CURSOR: pointer; BORDER-BOTTOM: #3169c6 1px solid; BACKGROUND-COLOR: #c6d3ef" onclick="InsertImage('/forums/richedit/smileys/Teasing/5.gif');" onmouseout="this.style.backgroundColor=''; this.style.border=''" src="http://discoverseattle.net/forums/richedit/smileys/Teasing/5.gif" align=absMiddle]

kits

hmmmmmmm.... tenkanis.........  glgglglgg.......
It takes a big man to cry, but it takes a bigger man to laugh at that man.

Sportsdude

money no object?[/DIV]Well thats easy than it would either be San Fransico or Vancouver.I'd pick Vancouver because I'm in love with the place.
"We can't stop here. This is bat country."

kitten

I've been down the coast, and there were interesting things everywhere.  My choice still remains the Vancouver area........I consider it one of the most beautiful and clean  (comparatively speaking) areas  I have ever seen.  I've never regretted moving here.  It felt like home when I first arrived.
Thousands of years ago cats were worshipped.  They have not forgotten.

Sportsdude

where are you orginally from kitten?

Dood

Future Canadian- let's get together and smoke a doobie. :) Are you in or around Seattle?

kitten

Quote from: Sportsdude on Feb 08 06 12:32where are you orginally from kitten?[/DIV]
I'm originally from Saint John, New Brunswick.  I moved here to get away from the long winters, and I'm so glad I did.

Sportsdude

I guess you didn't like the meter plus snow falls each year.[/DIV]Speaking of Snow it finally snowed down here for the frst time all year.  But it wasn't anything special a couple cm's worth didn't even stick to the road. damn global warming and urban sprawl.

kitten

I don't like the idea of global warming.  Personal warming is a different story!