DV is down...

Started by Doesn't Matter, Jul 27 07 02:12

Previous topic - Next topic
|

John Galt

Whatever the reason for its demise, or revamping, or fixing, I think it is very rude not to provide an explanation. I hope it is down for good. DATW appears to be a good compromise.  

Ace

John Galt wrote:
Whatever the reason for its demise, or revamping, or fixing, I think it is very rude not to provide an explanation. I hope it is down for good. DATW appears to be a good compromise.

DV is the type of place where they could know weeks ahead of time that they'll be shutting down, but they won't say a single word...
That's just the way they roll...

The bitterness of poor quality is remembered long after the sweetness of low price has faded from memory

DS DATW DV

I kind of like the blurb on [a href="http://www.discoverforum.com"]http://www.discoverforum.com[/a]

it says:

DV is and will always be the  biggest.

[a href="http://www.discoverseattle.net"]Discover Seattle[/a] is a  newer forum but features a more moderated look and many intelligent  participants.

[a href="http://www.discoveralltheworld.com"]Discover All The World[/a] is a forum that looks similar to DV but  is a much newer arrival on the scene

hAcH

hmmm, amazing I still have this handle in DS  

Ace

hAcH wrote:
hmmm, amazing I still have this handle in DS

I haven't seen your handle in a long time...  

The bitterness of poor quality is remembered long after the sweetness of low price has faded from memory

hAcH

yeah, I semi retired it a while back.
You probably I know but not in your new handle

bridge jumper pusher

[font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica"][font face="Arial" size="2"]Microsoft OLE DB Provider for SQL Server[/font] [font face="Arial" size="2"]error '80004005'[/font] [/p] [font face="Arial" size="2"][DBNETLIB][ConnectionOpen (Connect()).]SQL Server does not exist or access denied.[/font] [/p] [font face="Arial" size="2"]/forum/forum.asp[/font][font face="Arial" size="2"], line 86[/font][/p]
[/p][font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica"][font face="Arial" size="2"]Provider[/font] [font face="Arial" size="2"]error '80004005'[/font] [/p] [font face="Arial" size="2"]Unspecified error[/font] [/p] [font face="Arial" size="2"]/forum/forum.asp[/font][font face="Arial" size="2"], line 86[/font] [/p][/font] [/p][/font]  

TD

Hopefully that crappy website has been permanently shut down. Nothing but a cesspool of raving, adolescent punks that is embarrassing to Vancouver itself.

If it does get back up and running then hopefully some controls are in place to limit the trash.

Ace

If you don't like it there, you don't have to visit...  

Caramel Kisses

Ace you must admit if you think about out of town people bumping into that forum and reading any of that stuff you must cringe a bit. I sure do. lol

Ace

Here's the way I look at it...  I doubt many intelligent people would take much of what's posted seriously anyhow.  I doubt that many have changed their travel plans to avoid Vancouver due to that site.

They have been slowly cleaning it up lately, though.  You should've seen it a few months ago...

Caramel Kisses

I do take the racist comments very seriously, who goes around joking about stuff like that. Really not funny. Just shows ignorance and true colour of that poster. Sick and sad. You don't have to go around loving everyone but to hate someone because of their background. No joke.

You don't have to be intelligent to see racism is no joke. This coming from a clown at heart. :D

Ace

I understand what you're saying, CK, but sometimes people take things too seriously.  The term 'racism' is a little over used these days, in my opinion.  For example, I'll type two 'posts' below...  Tell me if you would consider them 'racist' statements...

Post #1...  Why are Asians terrible drivers?

Post #2...  Why are Germans such war loving people?

TD

Ace wrote:
If you don't like it there, you don't have to visit... 

The site never had anything good to offer in the first place. It was a garbage dump and to those that say it was cleaning up, I say LOL@YOU.  The same stupid threads about anal sex, facesitting, who is better in bed etc. don't give it a positive image. Perhaps it does to you.

TehBorken

Ace wrote:
Post #1...  Why are Asians terrible drivers?
Post #2...  Why are Germans such war loving people?

They fit my definition of racist because they apply an arguable "attribute" in a blanket fashion to a  race or class of people who are without question  not a homogenous group.

The first statement is more so than the second, because it's based on genetics, whereas "Germans" could include anyone from any racial background.   Nonetheless, it still fits the criteria above, i.e. painting a large diverse group of people with a very broad brush. A statement like that may even be true, but it's still "racist" by definition.

The real trouble with reality is that there's no background music.

|