DV is down...

Started by Doesn't Matter, Jul 27 07 02:12

Previous topic - Next topic
|

Ace

If two loving couples want to engage in anal sex in the privacy of their own home, then so be it.  DV just offers them some insight, tips and advice on taking a walk on the brown side...  
The bitterness of poor quality is remembered long after the sweetness of low price has faded from memory

Caramel Kisses

LOL Ok I see what you\\\'re saying. Its just nice that the Asians are taking away from the old jokes about bad women drivers. ;P

Ace

But Teh, wouldn't those two statements be more accurately described as 'stereotypes'?  
The bitterness of poor quality is remembered long after the sweetness of low price has faded from memory

TehBorken

Ace wrote:
But Teh, wouldn't those two statements be more accurately described as 'stereotypes'?  

That too...if you want to get technical, you could say they were racial or racist stereotypes. Now if you said "Why do all Metallica fans have vacant looks on their faces?", that would be a simple stereotype and not racially based.

The real trouble with reality is that there's no background music.

Caramel Kisses

I think it depends on how things are said as well. If you are making a statement based on what you have observed about a certain race, like I notice a lot of East Indians being taxi drivers. But if they way you are saying it sounds angry like its a fact... You know what I mean? lol Not very good at explaining myself at times. :)

Ace

I'm not quite sure I agree with you, Teh...  A Racist is someone who thinks his/her race is above all others.  My statements contained no material that would suggest my race is above any other race.  What they did contain, in my own opinion, were 'cultural stereotypes', which is differerent then 'racism', in my opinion...  

TehBorken

Ace wrote:
A Racist is someone who thinks his/her race is above all others.  

Not necessarily. I hate quoting Wikipedia, but sometimes they're succinct:

[hr style="width: 100%; height: 2px;"]"Racism is a belief or doctrine that differences in physical appearance between people (such as those upon which the concept of race is based) determine cultural or individual achievement, and usually involve the idea that one's own 'race' is superior."
[hr style="width: 100%; height: 2px;"]
Note the "usually" part. It's not integral to racism, just a frequent component. You can be racist and not think that your own race is superior. But I'll be the first to admit that that's typically the way it works.
The real trouble with reality is that there's no background music.

Caramel Kisses

"My statements contained no material that would suggest my race is above any other race."

"Well the first comment about Asians driving, I would consider racist because who are you to judge who is a better driver. You are saying that Asians are bad drivers and assuming that you are white, it would suggest that your race thinks they are above in this situation.

BTW I am a white female and the best on the road. lol ;P

Ace

Caramel Kisses wrote:
"My statements contained no material that would suggest my race is above any other race."

"Well the first comment about Asians driving, I would consider racist because who are you to judge who is a better driver. You are saying that Asians are bad drivers and assuming that you are white, it would suggest that your race thinks they are above in this situation.

BTW I am a white female and the best on the road. lol ;P

Here's now where people are divided.  Again, some might consider that a 'racist' statement, while others may not.  Now the second question...  what if it was observed that Asians generally have a harder time navigating their vehicle?  Now it's not a 'stereotype' any more, it's an 'observation'...

Caramel Kisses

Observed is the key word, more polite way to hidden racism. lol

I don't know, all I know is if you cut me off you better give me some kind of signal of apology for your wrong doing :)

Ace

Caramel Kisses wrote:
Observed is the key word, more polite way to hidden racism. lol

I don't know, all I know is if you cut me off you better give me some kind of signal of apology for your wrong doing :)

I hear ya!

Anyhow, DV is back up, so I must leave you now, ladies & gentlemen...  I've done my best to increase the hit count here, and it's been a pleasure!

Take care,
  Ace

chx

GORDY GAMBINO

Not very good at explaining myself at times. :)

With those lips of yours im sure it would be sweet!!

CAPO DI TUTTI CAPPI

Hindi

[A href="http://vancouverforum.googlepages.com/forum.htm"]East indian seeking white male please chat with me on shoutbox[/A]  

wyk

Orik wrote:
Well yes i post on dv from time to time. i am not there near as often as i used to be. being banned for posting under my own damn name gets highly annoying. i also hate using proxy's makes things damn slow...

yups, hehe

... im on a chronic shit list since i said some naughty things about the dv admins and the semi competent mods...

yups, hehe

...as for me being the hacker to bring dv to its knees, lol...  you got the wrong man... i have no idea whats going on. im almost never around from 8 to 5 pm. i am normally to busy working... low profile i guess u could call working 12 hr days a low profile. speaking of which i have to get back to work...

that's what i told steve, even told him to go down to where you worked and see for himself that you couldn't possibly be lurking on DV during those times he said you were posting and hacking, but as usual he's under the delusional cloud of pot.

...a round of applause for the headsman... if you please...

surely you don't mean the grand poobah aka fire crotch? that child needs a right royal spanking with a pin paddle and several electric zaps to his testicles.

|