Wanna hear some real bullsh*t?

Started by TehBorken, Mar 15 06 07:44

Previous topic - Next topic

TehBorken

"User #1" and "User #2" are a couple of posters on another message board. (The names have been changed to protect the innocent, in case you couldn't tell, lol.)

"User #2" is a bit of a mystical, not-quite-in-touch-with-reality kind of guy. "User #1" was relating some marriage-related issues she was having. This exchange sums it all up perfectly.

"User #1" said:
"I'm working two jobs for something he wants and I resent it! So, it's kind of about money, but really it's about the fact that he wants me to sacrifice for his dream and I don't want to do it!"

And this was "User #2's" response....

"A quantum vision like your husband's should be a shared vision leading to the co-creation of the life experience. If you both share the same vision then there is no feeling of sacrifice. If it is not a shared vision then it means that you two have different life experiences that you want to create. You need to decide if these to different life experiences are mutually exclusive, or if they can co-exist together."

Jebus, talk about shoveling the shit with both hands, lol. A lot of meaningless New-Age babble unsullied by so much as a shred of actual information or advice. Thank you, User #2.
The real trouble with reality is that there's no background music.

P.C.

Any advice containing the word 'quantum' would be lost on me.  
Sir Isaac Newton invented the swinging door....for the convenience of his cat.

Good Times

I understood what #2 is saying!

And he's right!  [img style="CURSOR: pointer" onclick=url(this.src); src="http://www.cheesebuerger.de/images/smilie/froehlich/e011.gif[/img]

tenkani

Yeah, #2 is right. But #2 could have said it in 1 sentence lol.

If you can't dazzle them with brilliance, baffle them with bullshit.
For thou art with me; thy cream and thy sugar they comfort me
Thou preparest a carafe before me in the presence of Juan Valdez
Thou anointest my day with pep; my mug runneth over
Surely richness and taste shall follow me all the days of my life
And I will dwell in the house of coffee forever.

yummy

^ LOL Tenkani!!! I'm gonna be using that quote a lot!!

weird al

"[SPAN style="FONT-STYLE: italic"]A quantum vision like your husband's should be a shared vision leading to the co-creation of the life experience. If you both share the same vision then there is no feeling of sacrifice."[/SPAN]

Now that's not bad, as bullshit goes, but it pales beside the real thing, such as can be found at the Postmodernism Generator:

[A href="http://www.synthstuff.com/mt/archives/individual/2004/01/the_postmodernism_generator.html"]http://www.synthstuff.com/mt/archives/individual/2004/01/the_postmodernism_generator.html[/A]

When I run out of bullshit (which is not very often, but it has happened), I go to the source, the wellspring if you will, the veritable fount of bullshit, which in my unmitigated altruism I'm only too happy to share with all and sundry (and everybody else).

kitten

Your altruism is salutory.  Thanks for the link.
Thousands of years ago cats were worshipped.  They have not forgotten.