Contractor finds mummified baby in Toronto home

Started by Russ, Jul 25 07 08:11

Previous topic - Next topic

Russ

[DIV class=storyheader] [H2]Contractor finds mummified baby in Toronto home[/H2]

[DIV class=feed_details] [H4]Reuters[/H4][SPAN]Published: Wednesday, July 25, 2007[/SPAN]

TORONTO (Reuters) - A Canadian contractor is looking for donations to fund a funeral after finding a mummified baby in the wall of a Toronto home.

Home renovator Bob Kinghorn found the tiny body, wrapped in an 80-year-old newspaper, as he was running a wire through the three-storey Kintyre Ave. home, in one of Toronto's older neighborhoods.

"I opened it up, looked close and didn't believe it. But then I looked closer and I saw the fingers and the little toes. It was all wrapped up in the fetal position," he said.

"I'm going to take donations, and I want to try to bury the baby. I want to name him Baby Kintyre."

Police said they were examining the tiny corpse for "any abnormalities or evidence of trauma," although it was not yet clear how old the baby was, or how long the package had been tucked away in a cavity between floors in the house.

Newspaper wrapped around the baby was dated September 15, 1925,

"This is being treated as suspicious death at this time," said police spokeswoman Wendy Drummond.

A post-mortem has been set for Thursday.

1925!!! Um, good luck finding anything. although, someone could have put it in an old paper to mislead cops. <conspiracy tinfoil hat on>

Mercy to the Guilty is Torture to the Victims

purelife

I agree Russ.  Some people have old newspapers in their attics or tucked away in that corner of the garage somewhere.  

But, poor baby.....

Lil Me

I think I'd want to move out of that home.  Yeeesh.  
"In the absence of clearly-defined goals, we become strangely loyal to performing daily trivia until ultimately we become enslaved by it."  Robert Heinlein

Marik

Anyone read Edgar Allan Poe's "The Black Cat" short story? This news article reminds me of it. Well, sort of...  

Lise

That's so sad!!! OMG. I hate hearing stories about this.......
Always end the name of your child with a vowel, so that when you yell the name will carry.
Bill Cosby.

GORDY GAMBINO

We had a similiar case in Australia a few years ago where the remains of 3 babies were found under floor boards.

The home renovator was disappointed the remains weren't that of the missing Beaumont children.(They went missing in 1966 and haven't been seen since. This is our most infamous case.)  Very spooky indeed.
CAPO DI TUTTI CAPPI

WS

Karma:                                   +49/[span style="background-color: rgb(255, 255, 0);"]-163

[span style="background-color: rgb(255, 255, 255);"]Hey Gordy...  This is quite the reputation you're building up here![/span]
[/span]  
Nothing gold can stay.

GORDY GAMBINO

Yeah mate. I was bored shitless one day at work and started to smite everyone. The idea was to pick up the number of posts with some action going.

So PC who is never far away picks up on this then puts up her thread. From there on i got slammed by most if not all of the members and guess what i find the whole thing highly amusing!!  ha ha

Now we have been invaded by the dregs of DV  so the board is as lively as ever.
CAPO DI TUTTI CAPPI

Ace

Yes it is, Gordy.  I'm WS btw, but I felt like changing my handle.  What's new in Australia?  I asked you that question in your DV thread a day or two ago, but they probably banned you pretty quick...  
The bitterness of poor quality is remembered long after the sweetness of low price has faded from memory