Loonie at 96.36

Started by Sportsdude, Jul 24 07 02:13

Previous topic - Next topic

Sportsdude

great, thank you george. you're messing up my payments to school.

[a href="http://www.reportonbusiness.com/servlet/story/RTGAM.20070724.wdollar0724/BNStory/Business/home"]http://www.reportonbusiness.com/servlet/story/RTGAM.20070724.wdollar0724/BNStory/Business/home[/a]

"We can't stop here. This is bat country."

Devil

Cool! I am going to the USA on Friday. I won't feel like I am from a third world anymore!

Sportsdude

haha don't worry next year the loonie will most likely be higher then the dollar. The bridge is out somewhere down the road in the fog here, we just don't know at what mile marker the bridge is.
Don't be a passenger though when it happens, you'll go down with us too.

Devil

the Americans lead, Canada will follow.

Sportsdude

Devil wrote:
the Americans lead, Canada will follow.
[hr style="width: 100%; height: 2px;"]
*passes devil the shovel*

I wonder if these governments have come to their senses that the age of american economic power is over? Its sort of like the unions in the union threads. Their day has come and gone but when will the countries that followed the americans realize this?
I know the american public is still brain washed, but surely the other countries aren't?

Devil

Do you really think all the American public is brainwashed? I met so many intellectual people in the USA. About the same as here I guess?

I hope you don't think Canadians are brainwashed any less than our American cousins?

Russ

I hate to say this but Im paid in pounds.. I kinda hope the dollar drops.
Mercy to the Guilty is Torture to the Victims

Sportsdude

holy crap you're raking in the dough then. The pound is at 2.03

Russ

I was better off before...  when it was 2.4x

Its affecting alot of industries in Canada. Like the east coast lobstermen

purelife

I remember the pound at 2.8 once.  I loved it!

Russ

purelife wrote:
 I remember the pound at 2.8 once.  I loved it![/DIV]
 Good morning miss PL! 2.8? Wow, I never remember that.. I would have been in heaven!

Whats the day like in Van?

purelife

Morning Russ!  You guys are in Port Alberni?!!  How lovely! :)))  How did you guys get the internet?  

Van is absolutely gorgeous today.  If I'm not busy tonight, we'll probably go for a stroll along the quay or park.  

It was about 2.8 in 2000 when I left the UK.  I was estatic to convert my pounds to cdn at that time.

Sportsdude

Today the loonie is at: .9600

so its off its high.    

Lil Me

Russ wrote:
I hate to say this but Im paid in pounds..
 --
 So...on a good payday, your pants are sagging from all the weight?  Someone had to say it.

"In the absence of clearly-defined goals, we become strangely loyal to performing daily trivia until ultimately we become enslaved by it."  Robert Heinlein

Russ

Russ wrote:
[SPAN style="FONT-STYLE: italic"]I hate to say this but Im paid in pounds..[/SPAN]
Lil Me wrote:
So...on a good payday, your pants are sagging from all the weight?  Someone had to say it.

lol.. um.. I have to leave this alone. lol.