Lost In the shadows of my mind

Started by Orik, Jul 04 07 10:59

Previous topic - Next topic
|

P.C.

Balance doesn't make for good art.

If we didn't have tortured artists think of all we would lose.

Their pain brings us pleasure, and so they are a critical piece of the circle of life.

Orik is a masochist certainly, but imagine how bad his poetry would be if he tried to look on the bright side of life.

I guess I didn't say what I was trying to say, very well.  My comments were less about Orik's poetry than they were for concern for my fellow man.  [/DIV]
Sir Isaac Newton invented the swinging door....for the convenience of his cat.

PostMonkee @(^_^)@

That's very kind, P.C.

I'm more concerned with the quality of art.

If a few human beings have to suffer and die to bring us entertainment then so much the better.

Their sacrifice will season the stew. It's natural to want to watch other people suffer.

Just look at the enormous success of Jerry Springer and shows like Cheaters.

Of course, the fans are never willing to pony up and just admit that they like to feed their sadistic side.

We are semi-evolved simians. Some of us aren't even semi-evolved   =)
Jesus, bad waves of paranoia, madness, fear and loathing - intolerable vibrations in this place. Get out. The weasels were closing in. I could smell the ugly brutes. Flee.

Orik

Lol, I am not suffering thank you, though my pieces of art as you call it may seem that way.
Masochist, me. yeah I will grasnt you that. i do have a penchent to enjoy my own suffering.
I just can't stand to see others suffer. it hurts me, to see others in pain. though my own pain brings me pleasure. how very odd, perhaps? but it does make for some thought provocative wittings.

my poetry or whatever you want to call it, is definitely not for all, very few people actually understand what i am saying. many miss the point. I am glad you find them enjoyable even if it is from a sadists view point...  but i look at it this way, if i awaken just one man or woman, to the world around them and they step out of their comfort zone. Then they make just one small change, that benefits our fellow man. I will have made a difference and be happier for making that small difference...

Now Pc. as for me writing about good things like kittens or sunsets. I would not know where to begin. look at my ode to a hamburger! even that one has a touch of the morbid or macabre to it...

a orik original just would not be a orik original with out my dark oppressive view point...

but for you, Pc. I will make some time each day, to find something good. I shall then attempt to create a poem commemorating the glory and the beauty in mankind... even if i find a hard time seeing anything good... i am to used to seeing the black evil shadows men use to abuse and hide with.

(to WYK thank you for your kind words)

Never give up Never surrender Fight with ur last breath Fight 2 live & Fight 2 survive. Never say never & never say die. There comes a time when all will die A time we transcend & attain our place afterlife. My Fight is not yet done, I'm tired & I'd like to go home, But I'm not ready to go just yet.

P.C.

Now Pc. as for me writing about good things like kittens or sunsets. I would not know where to begin. look at my ode to a hamburger! even that one has a touch of the morbid or macabre to it...

I think you have misunderstood me also.  I wouldn't dream for a second on telling you what you should write.  Forums, posts and poetry aside....I was merely looking for suggestions for you personally to find a less gloomy side of life.  I've seen and experienced a few hard slaps along the way, but could no sooner see myself settling in for misery as a way of life than flying.....although flying would be nice.

[FONT style="BACKGROUND-COLOR: #ffff80"]but for you, Pc[/FONT][FONT style="BACKGROUND-COLOR: #ffff80"]. I will make some time each day, to find something good.[/FONT] I shall then attempt to create a poem commemorating the glory and the beauty in mankind... even if i find a hard time seeing anything good... i am to used to seeing the black evil shadows men use to abuse and hide with.

I would rather see that read [FONT style="BACKGROUND-COLOR: #ffff80"]'but for me, Orik, I will make some time each day, to find something good'.[/FONT]

Orik

Lol either way you write it PC, I will still take time out to smell the roses and enjoy the beauty that is supposedly around me... perhaps i can borrow your rose coloured glasses PC, so i can view the world around me all the better...

Never give up Never surrender Fight with ur last breath Fight 2 live & Fight 2 survive. Never say never & never say die. There comes a time when all will die A time we transcend & attain our place afterlife. My Fight is not yet done, I'm tired & I'd like to go home, But I'm not ready to go just yet.

P.C.

Hey....I resemble that remark.

Just think of it this way.  If you had a broken leg, you would welcome the relief of healing over the option of breaking it every 2 months....just so you could stay broken.

Trust me....it's out there.....you're just too stuck to recognize it.

I think you can't really appreciate goodness if you haven't experienced 'badness'......or if you can't feel deep sadness, you can't feel real joy.......but if you're only seeing one side of life, you're shorting yourself.

Orik

I hear you on that PC. but Orik wouldn't be Orik if he was like that. my poetry in no way reflects my reality. it only reflects the depravity of a unsound mind
and for anyone who actually thinks i am crazy enough to kill myself...
sighs i can not say it any plainer that this

Disclaimer for those of u who think my poetry, in anyway represents a desire or thoughts about suicide. Let me place your minds at ease. I have no intention of committing suicide. Now or in the future. The acts of death contained within my poetry are written in the metaphorical, they don't represent life or any real aspect of my life ... the death's writen about are just parts of the spirit, or the soul. it doesn't reflect or represent my actual  body in anyway shape or form...

now go out and enjoy the rain or the sunshine...

P.C.

I can enjoy either.  I like pink rain.  [img style="CURSOR: pointer" onclick=url(this.src); src="http://www.cheesebuerger.de/images/more/bigs/c007.gif" border=0]

Sportsdude

"We can't stop here. This is bat country."

Orik

Hear am I as I lie below the mighty sky
what do i see pink rain drops falling down on me
what is this i said, how odd and strange
i can not remember ever having seen pink rain
I look higher up and past the clouds what do I see
God almighty eating strawberry ice cream

P.C.

Orik

Dead Woman by Pablo Neruda

If suddenly you do not exist,
 if suddenly you no longer live,
 I shall live on.

I do not dare,
 I do not dare to write it,
 if you die.

I shall live on.

For where a man has no voice,
 there shall be my voice.

Where blacks are flogged and beaten,
 I cannot be dead.
 When my brothers go to prison
 I shall go with them.

When victory,
 not my victory,
 but the great victory
 comes,
 even if I am dumb I must speak;
 I shall see it coming even if I am blind.

No, forgive me.
 If you no longer live,
 if you, beloved, my love,
 if you
 have died,
 all the leaves will fall on my breast,
 it will rain on my soul night and day,
 the snow will burn my heart,
 I shall walk with frost and fire and death and snow,
 my feet will want to walk to where you are sleeping,
 but
 I shall stay alive,
 because above all things you wanted me
 indomitable,
 and, my love, because you know that I am not only a man
 but all mankind  

onlooker

this thread could use a pic of pepper

P.C.

Orik

I dont think that is the pepper they had in mind, PC.

I think this is who they wanted pictures of.Pepper, not pepper's

|