Lost In the shadows of my mind

Started by Orik, Jul 04 07 10:59

Previous topic - Next topic
|

Orik

Sycamore I have shown my poems to few people. only those who read my myspace and this page here, get to see some of what i write. and to put them to music all i can say is wow. :) and as for painting I use words to paint a picture. my artistic abilities when it comes to drawing do not exist but  i can draw a picture with words. for those who have a imagination.

Oak wrote

Orik, I have seen a very similar writing style like yours and I know the person.  I doubt you and the person I know are the same person because he has told me that he doesn't chat here, but the more I read your poems, the more you and he sound alike.

I write

I post here and on myspace. you can also find me on DATW I prolly am not the person u think. but if i am :) reaching me is easy. just login to ds and send me a im with ur email :)

Sycamore wrote

Orik, well, I have been talking to you tentatively.  I spent too much time trying to be as certain as I can be that you are who I think you are, but it's too confusing especially over at DV.  As for the last comment on your poems, I meant to say they seemed to me as abstract as pure music or artworks.  Your poems inspired me although I have seen adaptations on certain lines.

There are some other interesting posts and nice people on DS, but it's time for me to go.  Have fun on both DV and DS.  If we have not run into each other again online, we wouldn't find each other again anyway, at least I was in the process to.  Take care!

I Write

DV LOL i am banned whenever the mods figure out, whatever new handle i am using Reaper soon bit the dust. and a half dozen others. And god forbid i use my own Orik handle cause thats instantly banned and deleted... unless of course its a mod or a mod friend doing the handlejacking. then its ignored and left alone.

I write to escape and to ease my troubled and frantic mind. I wirte to share the agony and pain I wirte to paint a picture to make you feel what i feel to make you see what i see to have you hear and smell what i hear and smell. i write with emotion...

and i think with a education i could prolly be even better at it... but then i would lose that raw amature frenzy that comes from  inspiration of the soul... my poetry is almost never edited beyond a few minor changes... i learned to not rewrite what comes... the muse is the muse and should never be messed with. ...

the thing i hate most is writers block.

Never give up Never surrender Fight with ur last breath Fight 2 live & Fight 2 survive. Never say never & never say die. There comes a time when all will die A time we transcend & attain our place afterlife. My Fight is not yet done, I'm tired & I'd like to go home, But I'm not ready to go just yet.

Orik

Current mood: Pasenya                                                                                                                                                                                                        

I fear, for my future,
 for the divine
 many a lady is sublime
 as my heart pounds
 this ache runs deep

these wounds of the flesh they fester
 my scaring runs deep
 words said, can not be undone
 actions taken, can not be undone

I repent for my actions and thoughts
 repentance and prayer is a redeeming grace
 Saviour for this flesh
 renewed in spirit, soul and mind
 washed and cleansed, making amends
 this flesh, the body, slowly mends

to you, I have hurt
 through anger or hate
 to you, I have wounded
 through my loneliness
 this loss of integrity

so much to be ashamed of
 so much to be sorry for
 actions taken can not be changed
 I am just a man weak to this flesh.
 the lustful, thinking, the desirous sin

I can only repent and change my ways
 a player of a man. Now seeks just one
 one heart, one soul, one mind
 but how and who do I choose

a woman of like, a woman of taste
 filled with a redeeming grace.
 to drag me asunder
 out from under, this rock I hide
 back to a life filled with love

to those I have harmed
 I ask you to bear with me
 I am a new man but old
 old ways are not easy to change

some days, I lash out at those who love me
 through my fear, my shame and my pain
 my tongue is sharp and on edge
 with this verbal tongue inside my head
 I have caused wounds that have bled
 another foot stuck in my mouth.

I am sorry, through my ignorance and fear
 I lost, all I hold dear
 I chased you away, because
 all I wanted, was to lay in my grave
 I laid down to die, all I could do was cry
 you caught, my eye, now I am unsure.
 just what to say,  what I should do.

where do, I end, what do, I say, to begin anew
 a second chance, at being friends
 I have so few. When all I've done is run
 standing tall and being a man, is a new change

Forgive me, I am new at all this
 Learning to Love and to stand
 to have gone from crawling to walking
 no training wheels on me

I make mistakes and the shadow within it is grim
 I fear the past, the hurt and the pain.
 prior rejection, is my shame
 I fear the scars, the wounds, that run deep.

to be a man, your man
 I hope! I wish! and I shall pray
 it is time to start from scratch
 to take a chance and allow fear
 to hold me back no more  
Never give up Never surrender Fight with ur last breath Fight 2 live & Fight 2 survive. Never say never & never say die. There comes a time when all will die A time we transcend & attain our place afterlife. My Fight is not yet done, I'm tired & I'd like to go home, But I'm not ready to go just yet.

Sportsdude

Happy times:
[a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w77T0AncLKo"]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w77T0AncLKo[/a]

"We can't stop here. This is bat country."

Orik

[h1 style="font-weight: normal;" id="video_title"][a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=91euxMQ0Zyg%20"]Everybody Hurts[/a][/h1][h1 style="font-weight: normal;" id="video_title"]
 [/h1]

Orik

Sycamore

Ace

You seem to be keeping a low profile lately, Orik.  I hope things are working out for the best...  
The bitterness of poor quality is remembered long after the sweetness of low price has faded from memory

Frightened

Most afraid of not snakes nor mice nor death nor hugs nor cute babes, but cunningness and ruthlessness.

Ace

Explain in further detail...  
The bitterness of poor quality is remembered long after the sweetness of low price has faded from memory

Frightened

Snakes and mice you can avoid by only dwelling at pest-free places, or there's pest control.
Hugs and cute babes--it really depends on whom you have this with.  That I am not afraid, but I can be afraid of.
But cunningness and ruthlessness I am afraid of, because these are characteristics that are harder to see, yet they can cause great harm to people.

Frightened

Cunningness and ruthlessness are worse than death.  Death just happens once in a life time.  Cunningness and ruthlessness cause a person to destroy in order to "create".  

Ace

Agreed.  A simple rule of thumb that I follow...  Never give more than you are willing to lose.  I'm not a religious person, but sometimes it all works out in the end, no?  

Frightened

I am not sure although you are probably right.  I have to give that some thoughts.  By simply living you already have the most precious thing, yet I think life, good or bad, has been taken for granted by us at least at some points of our lives.

Frightened

And no, I don't think things always work out in the end for some people, but it seems like their experiences leave trails for us to learn so that we can avoid their mistakes.

Sycamore

But if a person's in a marriage/long term relationship, should he/she still keep track of what he/she can/can't lose?  Where's love?  Is it really just a feeling or yearn for pleasure?  It sounds sad if I have to think of what I can/can't afford to lose when I am supposed to be in love.....

Ace, do you consider yourself ever fallen in love before?

|