Lost In the shadows of my mind

Started by Orik, Jul 04 07 10:59

Previous topic - Next topic
|

Orik

Okay this thread is unlocked, you may post your comments
be kind, try not to swear. Though at times it is needed, constructive criticism is welcome.
Out right criticism, I can do with out, please keep that to yourself.
Please no hate I just don't need any more of that, not today.
thanks
orik

Never give up Never surrender Fight with ur last breath Fight 2 live & Fight 2 survive. Never say never & never say die. There comes a time when all will die A time we transcend & attain our place afterlife. My Fight is not yet done, I'm tired & I'd like to go home, But I'm not ready to go just yet.

Orik

Final Destination
Final designation
Death
worm food
the big sleep
ever lasting rest
dreams and reality colide
innocence lost
despised
hated
chained
freedom
slavery
tears

Never give up Never surrender Fight with ur last breath Fight 2 live & Fight 2 survive. Never say never & never say die. There comes a time when all will die A time we transcend & attain our place afterlife. My Fight is not yet done, I'm tired & I'd like to go home, But I'm not ready to go just yet.

GORDY GAMBINO

Just to let you know that after 2 days and even unlocking the thread no one gives a shit!

Sorry but that's how it is!! ha ha
CAPO DI TUTTI CAPPI

onlooker

from the gravestone, it brings up an interesting paradox, does it represent Orik, or an Orik Basher, or is Orik the Orik basher, or is it a metaphor for self destructive behaviour patterns, or ???

Orik

from the gravestone, it brings up an interesting paradox, does it represent Orik, or an Orik Basher, or is Orik the Orik basher, or is it a metaphor for self destructive (sic) behaviour patterns, or ???

Representative of all that I hate and a aspect of me. It is all the parts I despise and more.
In a way it is me or parts of me. Parts of you and parts of them. Orik Basher is me and I don't want to survive the day, so I go to take some risks. Lets see if I can survive the mundane, the insane, the idiotic and the asinine one more time.

P.C.

Lets see if I can survive the mundane, the insane, the idiotic and the asinine one more time.

Hey Orik.....if instead of just trying to survive the mundane....etc, I wonder if you might help yourself to see a less morbid side of life if you tried to change or help the mundane idiocies.  Writing about the ugliness won't change the ugliness.  You might very well start seeing the good if you looked for it.  Have you tried volunteer work ?  There are people with so much less and little or nothing to be thankful for that see the world with kinder, more hopeful eyes.  

It seems that you spend too much time standing in 'shadows of your mind' instead of trying to move out of the shadows.  There's a lot going on in between birth and death....and just waiting for the inevitable seems like such a waste of life.  Just a thought.
Sir Isaac Newton invented the swinging door....for the convenience of his cat.

weird al

onlooker

there, I am disturbed now

Lise

Dude. Methinks you should go and get help. Seriously. Life's not worth being this way. Find whatever happiness in life and lock on to it.

[FONT color=#ffcc80][FONT face=Arial]Haiku for Inner Peace

[FONT color=#111111 size=3]Peaceful bliss begins,[/FONT][/FONT][/FONT]
[FONT color=#111111][FONT face=Arial,Helvetica,sans-serif size=3]a delicate downy wisp,[/FONT]
[FONT face=Arial,Helvetica,sans-serif size=3]a fluttering hope.[/FONT]

[FONT face=Arial,Helvetica,sans-serif size=3]The stillness of joy[/FONT]
[FONT face=Arial,Helvetica,sans-serif size=3]starts deep within the Spirit,[/FONT]
[FONT face=Arial,Helvetica,sans-serif size=3]eager to expand.[/FONT]

[FONT face=Arial,Helvetica,sans-serif size=3]Allowing sorrows[/FONT]
[FONT face=Arial,Helvetica,sans-serif size=3]to soften into balance,[/FONT]
[/FONT] [TABLE cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 border=0 VSPACE="0" HSPACE="0"] [TBODY] [TR] [TD height=3][FONT color=#111111][/FONT][/TD][/TR] [TR] [TD align=left][FONT face=Arial,Helvetica,sans-serif color=#111111 size=3]deepening the soul.[/FONT][/TD][/TR][/TBODY][/TABLE]
 [TABLE cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 border=0 VSPACE="0" HSPACE="0"] [TBODY] [TR] [TD height=3][FONT color=#111111][/FONT][/TD][/TR] [TR] [TD align=left][FONT face=Arial,Helvetica,sans-serif color=#111111 size=3]~Flame RavenHawk[/FONT][/TD][/TR][/TBODY][/TABLE] [TABLE cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 border=0 VSPACE="0" HSPACE="0"] [TBODY] [TR] [TD height=3][FONT color=#111111][/FONT][/TD][/TR] [TR] [TD align=left][FONT face=Arial,Helvetica,sans-serif color=#111111 size=3]March 8, 2003[/FONT][/TD][/TR][/TBODY][/TABLE]
Always end the name of your child with a vowel, so that when you yell the name will carry.
Bill Cosby.

Orik

Sweet angel of mercy
 arms warmly wrapped about me
 Thy feted breath heavy upon my back
 Angel of death I feel thee

Death is around the corner
 no man knows his exact time
 to the hour, some just know
 when their time is nearly done.

what no others choose not to see, I see
 what you choose not to feel, I feel
 I write it and post it here

Tell me what it is you fear.
 is it spiders or heights
 is it the things that go bump in the night

My fear is ever changing
 never ending and always the same
 Death, but i write my fears
 and share them here.

Misery and death
 it is all around
 sadly to preoccupied
 fighting for the dollar
 mankind fails to see his final hours

Slaves to the clock
 barter is long past and gone
 monetary whores are we

disjointed and rambling you say
 just words they make no sense
 I take a authors freedom to license

I just write how I feel
 I am sorry if that disturbs you
 but this is a aspect of me
 morbid curiosity
 the macabre feeds my dreams

Looking for love
 or looking for a hug
 it is all the same to me
 one or the other

in the world this planet
 it is only brother hating brother
 sister hating sister. family's divorce
 marriage has gone to the dogs.

sighs, so many troubles in this world
 but what do I do
 I sit and write
and scream, My frustration out
better out than trapped festering deep within.

sorry if I disturb you
 I never meant to scare you
 But these scars of mine they make me blind
 oh lady justice how do you see.
 blinded by all mans spilled blood
 how many more must die
 for games that are played.

sighs so many things to say and my words are locked and blocked
 by some thing within. perhaps it is some long forgotten sin
 but sins are made by man, to damn
 yet the rules of god are simple and few
 how many of Gods commandments, do you follow still.

Orik

Sorry folks but i just write words that come unbidden to mind
 i don't take time to think, things through, I just post and paste them here as they come to me.
 as for help I need none. as for volunteering, i used to for many long years.
 my time is now my own and claim it as so.
 but work the downtown east side and live here with me
 24 hrs a day times 10 years
 you see things, that get you down, from time to time.

I need a retreat a place to escape to and for me my poetic free styling, is what gives me the most amount of release, i can get, again i am truly, sorry that i disturbed you.
 i will just continue to write and cease sharing them with you lot then.

and lise this is a form of my happiness, i love to write, i may not be very good at this form of prattle. but it does bring me joy.

Orik

The tombstone is representative of that which I hate and a aspect of me.
It is all the parts I despise and more. hence the fitting image of a tombstone is it not best to kill the parts of you that you hate and to rebuild and be reborn anew ?

In a way it is me or parts of me. Parts of you and parts of them.

Orik Basher is me and I don't want to survive the day, so I go to take some risks. Lets see if I can survive the mundane, the insane, the idiotic and the asinine one more time.

Can I ask you what risks did you take this day Lise PC and any others who wish to respond what did u take for risks this week? .

I stepped out of my self and spoke with a young heroine addict for about a half hour, she has been using since she was 20. she was clean for a few months and has been back to using for 5 weeks now and is  back on the streets. she is only 24 y/o. has 2 children and lost them both to the ministry.

my risks differ ever day, sometimes they are dangerous... have u ever tried to cross Powell street during the height of rush hr traffic at a none pedestrian controlled light. whew that in its self is pretty damn scary.
 or how about removing a assaultive trespasser swinging a loaded syringe around, i had to do that once. or been in a fight with 3 to one odds i got jumped by 3 of the local dealers, one with a club, one with a knife. let me tell you i was scared and fought for my life. and just last month a woman was beaten near to death behind my work site and near my home.

so you tell me lise PC and others, just what am i supposed to do but fight to survive ?
should I let them stick that blade in me or club my brains out like some baby seal on the ice...
 trust me life in the hood aint always easy and it certainly aint sane... but i do it day after day
 can you blame me if i get a bit depressed and a tad morbid and morose...

wyk

P.C.

It wasn't a criticism.....just a general observation.  I'm also not suggesting that you shouldn't feel for the ugliness or sadness. Just tossing it out there....wondering how healthy it is to make it the major focus of your life.  To me it's like only allowing yourself to see blue....as opposed to seeing the whole.  With all the colours of the spectrum, focusing only on the blue would seem to be like disregarding a bigger, fuller, more rewarding picture.    
Sir Isaac Newton invented the swinging door....for the convenience of his cat.

PostMonkee @(^_^)@

Balance doesn't make for good art.

If we didn't have tortured artists think of all we would lose.

Their pain brings us pleasure, and so they are a critical piece of the circle of life.

Orik is a masochist certainly, but imagine how bad his poetry would be if he tried to look on the bright side of life.  
Jesus, bad waves of paranoia, madness, fear and loathing - intolerable vibrations in this place. Get out. The weasels were closing in. I could smell the ugly brutes. Flee.

|