What crap

Started by TehBorken, Jul 01 07 06:44

Previous topic - Next topic

TehBorken

Utter crap. Who wants to believe in a petty, vengeful god like this?[hr style="width: 100%; height: 2px;"][p class="story2"]The floods that have devastated swathes of the country are God's judgment on the immorality and greed of modern society, according to senior Church of England bishops.  [/p][p class="story2"]One diocesan bishop has even claimed that laws that have undermined marriage, including the introduction of pro-gay legislation, have provoked God to act by sending the storms that have left thousands of people homeless. [/p][p class="story2"]While those who have been affected by the storms are innocent victims, the bishops argue controversially that the flooding is a result of Western civilisation's decision to ignore biblical teaching.  [/p][p class="story2"]The Rt Rev Graham Dow, Bishop of Carlisle, argued that the floods are not just a result of a lack of respect for the planet, but also a judgment on society's moral decadence.  [/p][a href="http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/main.jhtml?xml=/news/2007/07/01/nflood201.xml"]http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/main.jhtml?xml=/news/2007/07/01/nflood201.xml[/a]

The real trouble with reality is that there's no background music.

LO

I disagree I think the bishops may be right. Mankind has fallen so far from the teachings of Christ, he is naught but a scourge, a rapidly increasing virus, a disease, that needs to be wiped out. I say let the floods and the wrath of God fall May he/we be wiped out just like Sodom and Gomorrah

P.C.

I disagree I think the bishops may be right. Mankind has fallen so far from the teachings of Christ, he is naught but a scourge, a rapidly increasing virus, a disease, that needs to be wiped out. I say let the floods and the wrath of God fall May he/we be wiped out just like Sodom and Gomorrah

I agree that 'good old fashioned values' are getting blurry.  But mankind is not obligated to live 'by the teachings of Christ' to have goodness.  Simple kindness and of course the good ol Golden Rule work just fine.
Sir Isaac Newton invented the swinging door....for the convenience of his cat.

kitten

Good old-fashioned values were drawn up as a way of getting along with the people surrounding you.  It really has more to do with social behaviour than religious dogma.
Thousands of years ago cats were worshipped.  They have not forgotten.

Sportsdude

so jesus doesn't believe in human rights? *scratches head*

"We can't stop here. This is bat country."

kitten

I didn't say that...I just meant that the Golden Rule existed long before he came along.  Any society needs a set of guidelines in order to exist.  Anything else would only cause chaos.  The ancient priests existed to bring harmony into the community by uniting them with rituals.  That kept people in line by threatening them with dire consequences if they broke the rules.

P.C.

so jesus doesn't believe in human rights? *scratches head*

What difference would that make.  So a society with only people who believe in Jesus must 'behave' ???  Apparently that doesn't work.  The Golden Rule, however, holds everybody to a standard of treating each other well regardless of your beliefs.  
Sir Isaac Newton invented the swinging door....for the convenience of his cat.

Sportsdude

I was responding to LO.
The problem with religions or the ones that are always in the news is that they never adapt to change to the people. Its like darwinism you have to evolve or you'll die out. The old archaic churches are just doing that and pushing people away because they refuse to evolve. Its common sense. Only church I'll think about joining is the United Church of Canada but to be honest I'm just burned out. I'll just turn on my "Imagine" by Lennon and wish that the religions would realize they're pushing people away by being bull headed and stupid. But then again they've done this for centuries. Doubt they'll change. my two cents anyway.

kitten

I think "Imagine" ranks right up there with "In The Ghetto" as a  very influential song.  I love the lyrics, and I wish more people would really listen to them.  

Sportsdude

yup the point of religion was for man to come together. Now its more of a divide. Religions have lost the complete purpose of what they were for. What even more ticks me off is that the three main religions in this world worship the same God.(islam, christianity, judaism). Same god different name. Its really goofy.  

kitten

True enough.  It's salesmanship.  Whoever puts the best spin on the same basic truths wins the most converts.  *and collects the most money*

Religion is a business now, and not a guiding force.  It figures that anything that can benefit mankind can be corrupted to the benefit of a few.

Sportsdude

When I figured that out I stopped going. I don't like being scammed.
And to tell yeah the truth I don't miss it. I'm happier. lol

GORDY GAMBINO

kitten wrote:
 I think "Imagine" ranks right up there with "In The Ghetto" as a  very influential song.  I love the lyrics, and I wish more people would really listen to them.  [/DIV]
 Along with my mom song by Derek and Clive.

I thought the title of this thread was about my posts!!!  lol
CAPO DI TUTTI CAPPI